Main Menu

2b

Started by BattalionCom, November 22, 2009, 07:53:58 AM

BattalionCom

What are the overall result of termination(2b) ,with cause ? Does it effect the terminated member ability to obtain employment, education etc etc or is it only maintained within the Civil Air Patrol Corporation?

AlphaSigOU

Unlike a military discharge, a 2b for cause is only maintained within CAP. The member's record will be flagged at National HQ preventing their rejoining at a later date unless a waiver is obtained from NHQ CAP.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Flying Pig

Like Alpha said, its internal to CAP.  There was always the big rumor when I was a cadet that if you got 2B'd you could never join the military, any public service, Fire, Police, couldn't vote, etc.  The rumor was limited only to your imagination.

Now that doesnt mean that when you apply to ROTC or something else that it may not come up. But there is nothing that says a person even needs to claim having been in CAP.  Military recruiters ask, but its to see if you rate an advanced promotion with the Mitchell.  I knew a guy in the Marines who had been 2b'd out of CAP related to an issue at an activity.  For the sake of our younger viewers Ill leave out the details.  He had been a C/Capt. Nothing illegal though.  It bothered him and he regreted it, but it didnt ruin his life or anything.

Stonewall

Why?  Did you get 2B'd or something?  Perhaps if the cause for 2B was due to a criminal conviction, i.e. The person kicked out of CAP for being arrested for dealing drugs.

Or, was he kicked our for cheating on a test?
Serving since 1987.

LtCol057

If a former member lies to a recruiter and said they haven't been in CAP, and the mililtary finds out they lied about it, I would assume they could be discharged for a fraudulent enlistment.  It seems to me it would be a whole lot better to go ahead and admit your former CAP membership and explain the reason you left, rather than risk being caught in a lie.  If the former member does enlist, and at some future time a security clearance is sought, wouldn't the CAP time come out? 

IMHO.

Cecil DP

The 2b is an internal document that doesn't leave the organization. No one ever knows about it until and unless the former member attempts to rejoin CAP. In no case should it become "public knowledge"  or be released to anyother organization.

The 2b is an administrative action, not punitive in nature. Many are processed for such simple reasons as a cadet getting married, failure to maintain academic standards in school, joining the service w/o transferring to Senior member, or having less than an honorable discharge from the Armed Forces.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

PHall

About the only time you would want to tell the military about being 2b'd from CAP would be when you're filling out the DD Form 398 for your Security Clearance.
Better to have you admit it up front then to have the investigators find out about it themselves.
Because that will make them ask themselves, "what else did he not tell us" and the real digging will really begin!

Spike

Quote from: LtCol057 on November 22, 2009, 06:54:17 PM
If a former member lies to a recruiter and said they haven't been in CAP, and the mililtary finds out they lied about it, I would assume they could be discharged for a fraudulent enlistment.  It seems to me it would be a whole lot better to go ahead and admit your former CAP membership and explain the reason you left, rather than risk being caught in a lie.  If the former member does enlist, and at some future time a security clearance is sought, wouldn't the CAP time come out? 

IMHO.

Umm....negatory on everything you wrote. 

a2capt

Interesting .. the OP has been suspended, and they only posted once. Must have pissed off an admin via PM.
;-)

Spike

Quote from: a2capt on November 23, 2009, 02:58:28 AM
Interesting .. the OP has been suspended, and they only posted once. Must have pissed off an admin via PM.
;-)

Nice catch!  Conspiracy?? 

lordmonar

Quote from: Spike on November 23, 2009, 03:01:02 AM
Quote from: a2capt on November 23, 2009, 02:58:28 AM
;-)

Nice catch!  Conspiracy??
Duplicate personality......
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP