2B or Not 2B? That is the question.

Started by majdomke, September 01, 2009, 09:39:01 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: Lt Domke on September 02, 2009, 02:48:04 PM
Apart from the SUI, is there anything else that monitors retention rates such as squadron awards?

No.  Merit and Distinction are cadet-focused, based on percentages of participation, purely cadets, and would encourage normalization.  The same goes for AEX and the presidential fitness award.

The only award seniors could go after would be a unit citation, and since that's subjective numbers don't mean much beyond something like explosive legit growth, etc.

Otherwise the only concern would be the viability of the charter, and if you have to dig into empty shirts to keep the doors open, then its not really viable anyway.

"That Others May Zoom"

MSgt Van

My old motto:
If you have a problem, I'll help you out.
If you ARE a problem, I'll help you OUT.

Capt Rivera

Quote from: Lt Domke on September 02, 2009, 02:48:04 PM
I generally have cadets who disappear for several months and I need to clean up. After numerous phone calls and emails, I mail them the form letter of my intent to 2B them. This generally gets their attention. With most, the finally return the email or phone calls saying they decided to quit. The rest I never hear from and on rare occasions I actually get someone to come back. It would seems odd that if someone does tell me they quit they later receive a renewal notice from NHQ. Another part of my question. If they say they quit, then later receive the renewal, don't they wonder why? I'm really more interested in cleaning out the MML of dead weight and also concerned with award possibilities. Thanks guys for all the great advice and ideas.

Can you attach the form letter?
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

majdomke

This is the form letter I use. It's directly out of the regs. Just use the reason needed from CAPR 35-3, Section A or B. See attachment 2 in the reg for what I used.

Capt Rivera

//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org