Main Menu

2 Membership cards?

Started by indygreg, March 13, 2010, 11:26:23 PM

indygreg

What is the reason for CAP to send me 2 membership cards? They look identical, except the first one had "TEMP" marked on it.  Seems kind wasteful to send out multiple cards this way.

vento

It used to be the temp card first because the FBI fingerprint can take a while. Nowadays both cards arrive about the same time. I agree it is sort of a waste, especially now that we can print our temp card off e-Services.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: indygreg on March 13, 2010, 11:26:23 PM
What is the reason for CAP to send me 2 membership cards? They look identical, except the first one had "TEMP" marked on it.  Seems kind wasteful to send out multiple cards this way.

The "TEMP" provides an easy way for those responsible for supervising cadets to identify what your "status" is.  It means that your background check hasn't been completed yet and that we can't leave you alone with cadets. 

While it may seem silly because everyone in your home unit may know what your status is, should you go to an outside activity those people won't know.

So, no, not a waste.*

*I haven't had my ID card checked in years, so it very well may be...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

indygreg

That makes sense.  I just assumed the FBI check had to go through before you got any kind of membership notification.