Scanner/Observer Logbook

Started by Shotgun, March 04, 2011, 04:16:52 PM

Shotgun

I'm looking for a good way to keep track of my Mission Aircrew hours/flights as a scanner or observer.

I thought about keeping track of them in my pilots logbook, but upon further reflection decided that keeping them separate would be a better idea

I thought about going with the scanner/observer logbook available at Vanguard, but would like to see the page layout before putting down the cash.

I did a search and found a related topic where someone actually scanned a page of the logbook, but the image was deleted by an admin. Can anyone provide another scan of the page or a link to what the layout actually looks like?

Heck - how about just a list of "data fields"?

What do other people do to keep track of their Scanner/Observer time?

cap235629

I use a regular pilot log and use one of the blank columns
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Eclipse

Should you be so inclined: 

http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14899

They also make one for GT's:

http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14898

And a nice cover (wrong logo, though):

These have been around for years going back to the bookstore days, though it looks like the
aircrew one was recently updated.

I just use a Google Spreadsheet.

"That Others May Zoom"

Shotgun

Thanks Eclipse,

I saw all those items at Vanguard. (I actually have the Aircrew logbook sitting in my "shopping cart"),

But what I'd really like to see is the inside of the logbook. Specifically one of the log pages.

What is the layout and what information can I include?
Can I record the Mission Number, Airports, Type Mission (Photo, High Bird, Elt Search, Visual Search, CD), Who else was part of the crew, how many hours, Tail Number, duty position, etc.)?

Again, a scan or photo of one of the pages would be perfect. A simple list of the data fields would also work

lordmonar

I got one....and use it to log my stuff.

I can't scan it today but if you so desire I will get you one.

It logs scanner and observer times, mission numbers, aircraft type, grids assigned, base and destinations and then has columns for whether the time was training/DR/SAR/other.

It is pretty simple and just like a pilot log book as far as keeping track of time.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SarDragon

Well, I've got them scanned, but the gallery seems to be missing.

Guess I'll have to host them myself.

Here we go:

Aircrew

GT/UDF

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Shotgun

SarDragon!   You Da' Man!

Thanks a bunch!

Now I have to decide if I build something in Excel or go with the actual paper logbook.

I keep both a paper and electronic logbook for my pilot hours. Guess, I'll probably do the same for CAP flying.