Main Menu

Honor Guard Academy

Started by yolo, December 22, 2019, 03:49:37 PM

yolo

Hey y'all,

So I'm planning on applying to the MER Honor Guard Academy, and I had a quick question. On gocivilairpatrol.org, it says the cost for the academy is $350, but $250 if you already have the materials.

What are the materials? It also says you get to bring them home at the end of the week. The only one I can think of is the cord and the belt.

Thanks,
TheMeepMan

(Edited to fix the spelling)

MSG Mac

You should be contacting the staff of the Honor Guard Academy directly. BTW it's MAR (Mid-Atlantic Region) not Middle East Region.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

Quote from: MSG Mac on December 23, 2019, 12:59:46 AM
...it's MAR (Mid-Atlantic Region) not Middle East Region.

Yeah, right.

Next thing you'll be saying is that they changed the name because they thought people were confusing it with Western Asia.
I mean that would be ridiculous.

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Quote from: Eclipse on December 23, 2019, 01:15:54 AM
Quote from: MSG Mac on December 23, 2019, 12:59:46 AM
...it's MAR (Mid-Atlantic Region) not Middle East Region.

Yeah, right.

Next thing you'll be saying is that they changed the name because they thought people were confusing it with Western Asia.
I mean that would be ridiculous.
Mid-Atlantic was easier than saying south of the Mason-Dixon Line and north of Savannah
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

https://www.cap.news/middle-east-region-becomes-mid-atlantic-region/

"Our region is the last to change our name, but we will now comport with the other regions as they reflect their key geographic feature," Heinlein said.
"Finally, in our global world, changing our name will help us avoid confusion with Southwest Asia."

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP9907

Asked and answered:

Contact the Activity Director or use your chain of command to do the same.

Done   ~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0