Fundraising ideas, tips, tricks and suggestions?

Started by JohhnyD, December 08, 2019, 09:12:18 PM

JohhnyD

What is working, what to avoid, what to do before starting?

arajca

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

JohhnyD

Any large gift ideas? Any endowment or planned giving successes?

donpilot

@Eclipse, Just curious, why no airplane washes?  Back a million years ago when I was a squadron commander, I did 3 a year for 3 years and we made several hundred dollars each (one we came close to $1,000).  Thanks.

CAP9907

I'd say the liability if Cadet Jones breaks something?

~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

Eclipse

Exactly - breaks, scratches, something comes up missing, or Johnny PercentageOwner is less then honorable and
decides it's your turn to buy him a new windscreen because Cadet SuperExcited put a gouge in it with the hose.

Cessna static whips alone cost between $25 and $, not including installation, and
you're best to not look up things like antennas, pitots, etc., if you're wearing a new shirt and drinking coffee.

Assuming the activity is properly approved by the Wing CC, you're putting the corporation at considerable risk,
and if it's not, you could be putting members at personal financial risk.

And (insert deity here) help you if water gets somewhere it shouldn't, like a fuel tank, and someone is hurt or worse.

And yes, they are still listed as a suggested fundraiser in 174-1, that doesn't make them a good idea.

"That Others May Zoom"