Main Menu

Specialty Track Training

Started by Capt M. Sherrod, February 21, 2007, 11:54:32 PM

Capt M. Sherrod

I am working on my 215 Senior rating, and while reading through the "requirements", it mentions developing Aerospace Education materials for seniors / cadets.  Could someone possibly shed some light on what is meant by this.  I have been collecting and supplying my copies of AOPA Pilot as one thing, but didn't know what else may be required / helpful for this portion of the rating.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

desert rat

My understanding is that they are talking about training materials.  You could be doing the rocket program and have rockets to work on and discuss etc.   You could get training materials like simulators or other stuf.

I think the AE specialty track is the easiest and the fastest one.  4 months on the job is all that is required.  Some you need over a year of OJT.

DNall

Yeager is what you're looking for, one element (at least in theory) of the adult program is to study as a group & pass the yearger. You can't (as a CAP member) be a very effective aerospace advocate when you don't know jack about aerospace.

A.Member

Quote from: m_e_sherrod on February 21, 2007, 11:54:32 PM
I am working on my 215 Senior rating, and while reading through the "requirements", it mentions developing Aerospace Education materials for seniors / cadets.  Could someone possibly shed some light on what is meant by this.  I have been collecting and supplying my copies of AOPA Pilot as one thing, but didn't know what else may be required / helpful for this portion of the rating.
Read this.  HTH.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."