National Association of Rocketry

Started by CadetProgramGuy, May 09, 2008, 06:40:18 PM

CadetProgramGuy

Ok so I am sitting on the sidelines of CAP for a while, and am bored.....

After doing some research I found that there is no Rocketry Club in my home town or in the immediate area.  The latest closed down about 5 years ago due to unknown reasons.

I know there are some of you thar are assiciated with Rocketry, but do any of you all belong to a NAR sanctioned club?

Thoughts?

CPG

MIKE

http://www.cmass.org/  Not a member, but IIRC, area CAP units have participated in events in the past.
Mike Johnston

CadetProgramGuy

Umm Thanks Pylon.

I forgot where I was supposed to go and play.

AlphaSigOU

I'm considered an 'old rocketeer' (NAR sporting license number  < 50,000 - mine's 45040 (inactive)); at least as far as the 'Old Rocketeer's Reunion' at NARAM-50's concerned.

Used to be big into competition rocketry (one reason why I dropped outta CAP as a senior member the first time around) and hung around with the USA Spacemodeling Team, where I picked up some excellent competition tips and tricks. Got good enough to fly at NARAM-30 to get 5th place in D Boost Glider (picked up a whopper of a thermal! Unfortunately my boost glider was a brick with wings most times.)

I used to belong to NOVAAR (Northern Virginia Association of Rocketry), then SPECTRE (NAR section 777) in Las Vegas - now defunct.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SilverEagle2

Not to revive an old topic, but to answer an open question.

I am a NAR member Level 2 certified working on my Level 3 and a member of UROC www.UROC.org section 523.

We are having our annual High Power Launch at the Salt Flats this weekend. Loads of fun.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

freeflight

I am a former member NAR 83055 and UROC.