Main Menu

Yeager award question

Started by Walkman, February 25, 2008, 04:08:41 PM

Walkman

Can I study my cadet's AE modules to work on the Yeager test or do I need to get the big book?

jeders

The modules don't have all the information that the big book has, so they won't be that helpful.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

arajca

If you have a high-speed internet connection, you can download the AE text book from Eservices. Left side, top. It's pdf format, so just about anyone can read it.

Walkman

Quote from: jeders on February 25, 2008, 04:14:20 PM
The modules don't have all the information that the big book has, so they won't be that helpful.

Ok, thanks.

Quote from: arajca on February 25, 2008, 04:17:28 PM
If you have a high-speed internet connection, you can download the AE text book from Eservices. Left side, top. It's pdf format, so just about anyone can read it.

I saw that. Aside from CAPTalk, reading and studying on the computer screen doesn't work well for me. Looks like I'll have to hunker down and get the book.

Thanks!

Brad

It's open book as well, FWIW.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

IceNine

Check good ole' ebay first,
  I've seen a few of them on there from time to time.

You know cadets out growing their diamonds but just can't switch to bars, and leaves
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

...or just print it.

If you've got the cash for the book, and its burning a hole in your pocket, take the .pdf to Kinko's and they will make a nice booklet for you...

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

Wing has a library. Got it from them!

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Eclipse on March 01, 2008, 03:38:58 PM
take the .pdf to Kinko's and they will make a nice booklet for you...

I don't even think Vanguard would charge that much! Unless you do it in all B&W that's a $300.00 AE book (Kinkos advertising $.49 color copies)!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

fquinonez

I find it interesting that your local squadron doesn't have one for use?  One of the SUI inspection items is whether or not AEPSM study materials are available at the squadron level.  Also, the quarterly AE reports ask for the same thing.  Check with your squadron first if you don't want to put it on your own bookshelf for eternity