Gathering our history.

Started by James Shaw, December 31, 2009, 03:48:39 PM

James Shaw

I am currently working on a couple of different historical projects. One of the biggest is for the Kruse Museum. We have been given space for 5 large panels. This is a large amount of space for a museum to allow. I have the majority of the stuff needed. One of the issues we have come up with is the types of photos used and their identification. I do not want to keep using the same photos for all of our exhibits. Though I have alot they are ones that have been used for alot in the past. Before I took over as National Curator.

So I am requesting the following from my esteemed fellow members. Pictures, Documents, and anything else you may be willing to donate. They would be used to bring life to the CAP projects in the future. If you have pictures they can be scanned and emailed, documents are the same. Pieces from the national collection are also going to be used.

My short term needs are pictures. Indiana specifically. 1941 till about 1950 would be the best.

If you have photos than they can be scanned at 600 DPI and emailed. I will appreciate any offered.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

tarheel gumby

Sir I am in the process of putting some photo's and documents on DC. I will be honored to share them with you.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001