You Know You're a CAP Member If...

Started by 2ltAlexD, March 29, 2008, 01:52:23 PM

skippytim

I practice color guard at my house all the time. My sister critiques me! haha!

addo1

Quote from: skippytim on April 20, 2008, 08:40:45 PM
I practice color guard at my house all the time. My sister critiques me! haha!

I would like to see my sister do that, lol.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

♠SARKID♠

Every single time you see a white van driving past you on the road, you crane your neck to see if it has CAP decals.

DC

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 29, 2008, 10:48:06 PM
Every single time you see a white van driving past you on the road, you crane your neck to see if it has CAP decals.
Every time you see a Cessna in the sky you do the same thing...

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: DC on April 29, 2008, 10:54:27 PM

Now the real question - have you ever actually seen it?

DC

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 30, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Believe it or not I have seen our 182 a few times. I was actually driving by the airport once and saw them landing. The nice thing about CAP aircraft, very distinctive paint scheme.

davidsinn

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 30, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Yes, my Fiance and I were just finishing a bike ride and as we were loading the bikes one of our aircraft over flew us on a live ELT search.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SARMedTech

Quote from: addo1 on April 20, 2008, 08:13:34 PM
  You know you are a member of CAP if:

When your Mom wakes you up in the morning, you jump out of bed and snap to attention beside your bed.
You get in a fuss because you have a wrinkle in your shirt.
You yell a comand at your siblings and get grounded.
You almost call you classroom to "at ease or attention" when doing a presentation at school.
Your parents ask you a question, and you sound off.
You look into your shoes and think you are looking at a mirror.
You find yourself asking your classmate to quiz you on you aerospace tests.
You start calling your friends Cadet (last name).
You tell your brother to drop and give you 50.
You stand at attention when being handed your papers at school.
You wear your uniform to school more than 1 day a year.
You spend more time on CAP forums than brushing your teeth.
You practice color guard at your house and tell your friends to criticize you.

Is it scary to anyone else that most of the You know you're in CAP if posts involve something to do with parents or siblings and not wives or other significant others.

You know you're a CAP cadet if your 24 pack has an added pouch for extra strength pimple creme and hair gel in it.

(I'm sorry for that one Lord. Please help those starving pygmies down there in South America....)
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Stonewall

Quote from: SARMedTech on April 30, 2008, 01:49:51 PM......and hair gel in it.

Dude, that's a PJ thing.  I've always hear about the AF PJs being all kinds of suave and really into their hair.  I used even here a joke about PJs never deploying without hair gel and blow dryers.  Well, my buddy is a PJ out of Nellis AFB and  came for a visit last weekend.  He told me the only regulation the PJs memorize has to do with AFI 36-2903 (Dress and Appearance) and it goes something like this:  Will not exceed 1 1/4 inches in bulk, regardless of length and not exceed 1/4 inch at the natural termination point.

Quote from: SARMedTech on April 30, 2008, 01:49:51 PM......(I'm sorry for that one Lord. Please help those starving pygmies down there in South America....)

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny...
Serving since 1987.

notaNCO forever

You know your in CAP when all the things said in this thread make sense and sound normall. Also when you can look at someones ribons and know exactly what they are.

♠SARKID♠

You have a proper gig line and military tuck, even when out of uniform.

JesusFreak

You march when out of uniform and do stationary movements wherever you go and in front of your non-CAP friends.
C/SMSGT Ruben A. Cruz-Colon
NCS(Nellis Composite Squadron) NV-069

♠SARKID♠

Bump

You check the electronics rack at Goodwill for ELTs, EPIRBS, and PLBs.

Dad2-4

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 30, 2008, 10:00:58 PM
;D I've been doing that since high school (class of '82) Several times a day I'll habitually but discretely feel my belt buckle, shirt, and fly in one quick movement to check.
BTW, DC, SARKID, CCSE, and RECRUITER, as a social studies teacher I have to say, you'd owe me a typed paper of some kind if you told me in a high school class that there are 52 states. ;)  Where'd that come from? PR and DC aren't states (yet).

Quote from: Dad2-4 on July 16, 2008, 01:51:00 PM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 30, 2008, 10:00:58 PM
;D I've been doing that since high school (class of '82) Several times a day I'll habitually but discretely feel my belt buckle, shirt, and fly in one quick movement to check.
BTW, DC, SARKID, CCSE, and RECRUITER, as a social studies teacher I have to say, you'd owe me a typed paper of some kind if you told me in a high school class that there are 52 states. ;)  Where'd that come from? PR and DC aren't states (yet).

And Canda isn't one yet.  It will be, I mean Canada is like a loft apartment above a great party.  And Mexico, well they're just those nosy neighbors in the basement.   >:D

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO