Main Menu

Now I'm just bored...

Started by Stonewall, August 20, 2007, 08:03:17 PM

Stonewall

Work with me here people, I've been stuck inside for 10 days now due to a back injury.  I'm playing with gear, looking at old photos, going through my patch collection, surfing the net and I found my stash of every single ID card I've ever owned, except for the ones when they were paper.  Dern it, I wish I still had one of those.

Here's a bit of history.  And yes, my first name is Peter.

Serving since 1987.

addo1

I hope your back gets better; and yes, that is pretty cool!!!   8)
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Skyray

I too hope your back gets better.  I was about to jump on you because your 1991 ID card didn't show that you were authorized to work with cadets, until I happened to notice that you were a cadet.  I see Harwell signed your Communications card, but I don't recognize the Wing Communications officer.  My recollection is that was during Don Cunningham's reign as Wing King.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

Stonewall

BTW you'll notice the expiration date on my cadet ID card says Aug 91.  I joined in Feb 87 so it should have read "Feb 91".  I had been promoted to C/Amn and gone to the '87 encampment at Tyndall before getting my ID card.  That's 6 months it took for them to find my paperwork and officially make me a member.  I had to carry around a signed and notarized copy of my application as proof of membership.  I'm just glad the encampment commander accepted it.  I still got a 341 for not being in possession of my CAP ID.
Serving since 1987.

IceNine

some of those look a familiar, always nice to look back on days gone by.  

Thank god we got rid of those paper CAPID's!!!

Oh 341's that one of those things I wish people wouldn't consider Hazing!  Our wing CC vetoed them 6 years ago
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Skyray

Quote from: Stonewall on August 20, 2007, 08:25:44 PM
BTW you'll notice the expiration date on my cadet ID card says Aug 91.  I joined in Feb 87 so it should have read "Feb 91".  I had been promoted to C/Amn and gone to the '87 encampment at Tyndall before getting my ID card.  That's 6 months it took for them to find my paperwork and officially make me a member.  I had to carry around a signed and notarized copy of my application as proof of membership.  I'm just glad the encampment commander accepted it.  I still got a 341 for not being in possession of my CAP ID.

I take some of it back.  That would have been in Sam Speiker's reign as Wing King.  The guy at Wing HQ was Angelo Donedeo, and I think he could have lost his own head if it hadn't been tied on.  I waited over nine months for my first promotion, and finally ran into Colonel Speiker over at Sebring at a SarEx.  He pulled me aside and asked if I hadn't been a commissioned officer in the military, and when I said yes, his next question was why was I still a slick sleeve.  I told him that he was going to have to ask that question at Wing HQ because I didn't know the answer.  Three weeks later I got promoted.  I'm surprised that you got a 341 for an ID that hadn't been issued yet.  Seems to me to be a perfect excuse.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member