Proposal to reduce CAP death benefits

Started by RiverAux, December 20, 2011, 02:23:13 AM

lordmonar

Quote from: RiverAux on February 12, 2012, 04:57:40 PM
I suppose it makes sense, but the admin associated with adding 20-50 sorties into WMIRs to cover people driving to/from the mission must be a nightmare.
IMU...takes 30 seconds to generate a transport sortie.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on February 12, 2012, 06:59:59 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on February 12, 2012, 04:57:40 PM
I suppose it makes sense, but the admin associated with adding 20-50 sorties into WMIRs to cover people driving to/from the mission must be a nightmare.
IMU...takes 30 seconds to generate a transport sortie.

Or just create them directly in WMIRS.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Blank sortie x30 and plug in the details later :).

billford1

Somebody said it earlier. Seriously was there a claim denial for lack of a correct CAP uniform? I really need to know where to find the specifics on that if it's true.

PHall

Quote from: billford1 on February 12, 2012, 10:13:27 PM
Somebody said it earlier. Seriously was there a claim denial for lack of a correct CAP uniform? I really need to know where to find the specifics on that if it's true.

This question has been asked several times in the past. And yet a solid answer has never been given.

Urban Myth anyone? :o

RADIOMAN015

I'm still confused. :-[  IF you are driving in your private vehicle to participate in an AF authorized/funded SAREX at a mission training base about 100 miles from your home  --- You have an accident BEFORE arrival or  AFTER departure from the mission base.   Are you covered under FECA as a government employee traveling to training  ???   Would the IC or someone else have to give you prior to departure documented permission to travel to the mission base in order for the claim to be approved ???

Lets add another issue.   The Ground Team (composite primarily of cadets) is sent on an authorized training mission to a specific location.   During the ground search training one cadet, who is 17 years old, breaks his leg in numerous places.  Who pays for that ???   The AF & CAP are permitting cadets to participate on ground teams, therefore it could be argued that a claim for medical care is reasonable.    Add to this that the cadet had a sports scholarship to an excellent college, and has lost this because of his injury that has left him with a disability.  Who pays for his college now ???  With cadets on a ground team should we be getting a specific parent/guardian acknowledgement/release regarding IF they are hurt it is likely the parents will have to pay the cost.

BTW there's nothing in the federal regulation that says the CAP individual member (or his/her estate) can't sue a third party (e.g. traffic accident where the other individual was definitely at fault). 

RM

lordmonar

For those under 18....CAP and CAP's insurance would pay for it.
As for suing someone for future earnings or paying for college.....that would all be on the parents and their lawyers.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP