Main Menu

Who is the CAP Posterboy?

Started by Major Carrales, January 17, 2007, 06:25:31 AM

Major Carrales

I guess this is going to be one of those threads that begins with pure opinion and hopefully reaches consensus.

Who is the CAP Posterboy?

I imagine your answers could vary from a single individual to an group of persons.  Also, one might explore who "should" be the posterboy of CAP.

Have at it...
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

afgeo4

Col Rick Greenhut, current head of homeland security for NHQ, formerly the NER CC, and NYWG CC before that.

Was also a pilot on 9/11 missions in NYC.
GEORGE LURYE

Major Carrales

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 17, 2007, 06:36:11 AM
Col Rick Greenhut, current head of homeland security for NHQ, formerly the NER CC, and NYWG CC before that.

Was also a pilot on 9/11 missions in NYC.

From the Northeast Region webpage...
QuoteRichard Greenhut was already a veteran pilot and FAA Safety Counselor when he joined CAP's New York City Group in 1990. After serving as New York Wing commander, Colonel Greenhut took over the Northeast Region shortly before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Colonel Greenhut had a leading role in the CAP's relief effort, and also flew many sorties himself. Since then, he has been CAP's leading spokeman on Homeland Security. Upon stepping down as Northeast Region Commander in August of 2005, he was named CAP's National Director of Homeland Security.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

JohnKachenmeister

How about that guy who used to command the LA Wing?  Good looking, the very image of the Zipper-Suited Sun God, and he has a cool pilot name... "Rock."  I forget his last name.
Another former CAP officer

capchiro

Rock would be a great poster boy.  He had some good photos in the Volunteer as I recall.  He is also an attorney, I believe.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Hartley

Hi Y'all,

Rock Palermo is indeed much better looking than Col. Greenhut (and I doubt Rick would disagree).  I don't think he was ever CC of LAWG, but he has been involved with CAP at high levels in the ES and legal programs for a long time.  He is currently the SWR legal officer.

Hartley

p.s. "Zipper-suited SUN god"? - I thought it was "Zipper-suited SKY god"..
HJG

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Hartley on January 17, 2007, 02:31:52 PM
Hi Y'all,

Rock Palermo is indeed much better looking than Col. Greenhut (and I doubt Rick would disagree).  I don't think he was ever CC of LAWG, but he has been involved with CAP at high levels in the ES and legal programs for a long time.  He is currently the SWR legal officer.

Hartley

p.s. "Zipper-suited SUN god"? - I thought it was "Zipper-suited SKY god"..
HJG

Has to be SUN god for me.  Right now I'm not night current.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: capchiro on January 17, 2007, 02:09:15 PM
Rock would be a great poster boy.  He had some good photos in the Volunteer as I recall.  He is also an attorney, I believe.

I knew he was an attorney, but if we can have lieutenants with Down's Syndrome, I think we have to accept lawyers, too.

Pace

Col Rock Palermo has been the LAWG Legal Officer, SWR Legal Officer, and the National Legal Officer (how he got his birds).  He never commanded the LAWG, but if he ever did I'd come back to LAWG (or whatever unit he was commanding) in a heartbeat.
Lt Col, CAP

Major Carrales

From Air Force Link...
QuoteDick Gremillion, Army Lt. Gen. Russel L. Honori and Civil Air Patrol Col. Rock Palermo discuss hurricane relief efforts at the operations center in Lake Charles, La. After Hurricane Rita, Colonel Palermo spent nearly three weeks directing local emergency operations in his hometown of Lake Charles. He was drafted as operations section chief and later deputy director because of his past disaster management experience. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tom R. Malmay Jr.)   

From Air Force Link...
QuoteCivil Air Patrol Col. Rock Palermo, right, and members of the 82nd Airborne, participate in a conference call with the National Weather Service as Hurricane Rita makes landfall. After Hurricane Rita, Colonel Palermo spent nearly three weeks directing local emergency operations in his hometown of Lake Charles. He was drafted as operations section chief and later deputy director because of his past disaster management experience. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tom R. Malmay Jr.)

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Al Sayre

Quote from: dcpacemaker on January 17, 2007, 04:26:16 PM
Col Rock Palermo has been the LAWG Legal Officer, SWR Legal Officer, and the National Legal Officer (how he got his birds).  He never commanded the LAWG, but if he ever did I'd come back to LAWG (or whatever unit he was commanding) in a heartbeat.

I feel so used... :'(

:D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Pace

Quote from: Al Sayre on January 17, 2007, 05:11:17 PM

I feel so used... :'(

:D
No need to worry.  I doubt Rock has any interest in command, otherwise he would be.  Plus even if he was the wing king, I'd still have the local squadrons to deal with (not gonna happen).
Lt Col, CAP

flyerthom

Lt. Col Keith Zuegel

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16660845/

In the Washington Post and MSNBC today.

(either him or the first CAP person to discover E-bay...)

TC

mikeylikey

Why do we need a posterboy?  Who cares!  Consensous at NHQ is PINEDA anyway.
What's up monkeys?

JohnKachenmeister

Mikey is miffed because nobody mentioned him.

Major_Chuck

Back in the 50's or early 60's Jerry Lewis was a National Recruiting Spokesman or something to that effect for CAP.  I saw a picture of the back of a magazine on E-Bay about two years ago of him promoting CAP.  I haven't been able to find it since.

My vote is for Jerry Lewis.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Major Carrales

Quote from: CAP Safety Dude on January 17, 2007, 08:49:23 PM
Back in the 50's or early 60's Jerry Lewis was a National Recruiting Spokesman or something to that effect for CAP.  I saw a picture of the back of a magazine on E-Bay about two years ago of him promoting CAP.  I haven't been able to find it since.

Knock Yourself out, Chuck...
http://mhuchette.albumpost.com/Historical

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Chris Jacobs

Can i vote for my self.  I'm not all that good lookin but i would vote for me.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: CAP Safety Dude on January 17, 2007, 08:49:23 PM

Have you seen Jerry Lewis lately?