Cadet Encampment Handbook

Started by jimmydeanno, October 05, 2012, 04:22:03 PM

jimmydeanno

Word on the street is that each wing would call NHQ and say, "We have 400 cadets coming to encampment, please send us enough to cover it."  And voila!  In the mail comes 425 books.  Printing on the scale that NHQ does it isn't that expensive.  In fact, I'd wager a guess that publishing these will probably cost less per copy than a photocopied B&W local handbook done at Staples.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Майор Хаткевич

That's because staples charges by the shirt and first born.

TJT__98

On page 17 a C/2Lt has the Yeager Award.
QuoteCAPR 39-3 SECTION E 17. Brigadier General Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager Aerospace Education Achievement
Award. Awarded for successful completion of the Yeager test portion of the Aerospace Education
Program for Senior Members*...
*Bold added.
C/MSgt
Wright Award 21322

Eclipse

Quote from: TJT__98 on October 06, 2012, 04:19:27 PM
QuoteCAPR 39-3 SECTION E 17. Brigadier General Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager Aerospace Education Achievement
Award. Awarded for successful completion of the Yeager test portion of the Aerospace Education
*Bold added.

Not seeing it.

Yeager: 

The only thing in his rack that is close is the Arnold.

Arnold:

"That Others May Zoom"

Patterson

This needs to be removed immediately and the person/ persons who put this together need to be dismissed!
Aside from many many inaccuracies, it is offensive and ridiculous.

Shame on the individuals that created this!!

>:(

NIN

Quote from: Patterson on October 06, 2012, 05:30:53 PM
This needs to be removed immediately and the person/ persons who put this together need to be dismissed!

What are you saying?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

TJT__98

Quote from: Eclipse on October 06, 2012, 04:57:19 PM
Quote from: TJT__98 on October 06, 2012, 04:19:27 PM
*Bold added.

Not seeing it.

Yeager: 

The only thing in his rack that is close is the Arnold.

Arnold:
Oops... On my computer it was blurry and it looked like there was the grey line, and I was wondering why there was no Arnold  :P
C/MSgt
Wright Award 21322

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Patterson on October 06, 2012, 05:30:53 PM

I am sensing RM 2.0  >:D
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Sapper168

Quote from: Eclipse on October 05, 2012, 04:57:00 PM

....Most encampment handbooks are black and white 1/2 page deals, scaled specifically to fit in a BDU pocket.....

I believe this is meant to be a cadets program manual that would be kept online at the cadet programs library instead of what is given to cadets upon arrival at encampment which commonly called an OI (operating instructions).

**** Then again after just now reading about half way through it i could be wrong.  It does have sections which appear to be utilized by cadets at the encampment.  Maybe it will be one more thing on the packing list for cadets to 'forget' to bring...
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Eclipse

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on October 06, 2012, 07:08:50 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 05, 2012, 04:57:00 PM

....Most encampment handbooks are black and white 1/2 page deals, scaled specifically to fit in a BDU pocket.....

I believe this is meant to be a cadets program manual that would be kept online at the cadet programs library instead of what is given to cadets upon arrival at encampment which commonly called an OI (operating instructions).

This is intended to be the mandated encampment handbook, replacing the OI's.

Notice there are pages to fill in for the encampment's chain of command, knowledge and memory work, and the cadet encampment contract.

One way or the other it would have to be supplied by the encampment - depending on a cadet to print and bring something like this
would never fly - you'd be shocked at the way people print the applications.

"That Others May Zoom"

Sapper168

Unless its being supplied in a size that will fit a bdu cargo pocket and is still legible i see all kinds of hassles with it.

After reading it i have to say i am confused.  This isn't a very good 'Encampment handbook'  Actually the bulk of it seems to be a 'Here is some basic Cadet Programs lessons handbook'.   Seems like filler info to me. 
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on October 06, 2012, 07:17:06 PM
you'd be shocked at the way people print the applications.
I am intrigued..... Please elaborate.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

SarDragon

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 06, 2012, 07:32:58 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 06, 2012, 07:17:06 PM
you'd be shocked at the way people print the applications.
I am intrigued..... Please elaborate.

Portrait instead of landscape, or vice versa. Double sided out of sequence. PDFs that don't format right on a particular printer, and the fonts are out of whack. The possibilities abound.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

What bare the top two ribbons on that c/2d Lt above?

Extremepredjudice

Nat'l commander unit citation, the blue one looks like AFSA Squadron NCO of the Year, but it is in the wrong spot.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Майор Хаткевич

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure about the blue one

PA Guy

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on October 06, 2012, 07:28:14 PM
After reading it i have to say i am confused.  This isn't a very good 'Encampment handbook'  Actually the bulk of it seems to be a 'Here is some basic Cadet Programs lessons handbook'.   Seems like filler info to me.

The concept is that this will supplement your exsisting OI, SOP etc. You are right they are lessons in the sense of "Hip Pocket Training". These are short lessons that flight staff can use to accomplish short periods of training, think standing in line, instead of having cadets just blindly staring at their OI, SOP etc. while holding it in an awkward position. Seems like a win win to me.

You might want to take a look at this link as it explains the intent of the Cadet Handbook.

http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/?cadet_encampment_handbook&show=entry&blogID=730

MIKE

Quote from: Eclipse on October 06, 2012, 04:57:19 PM

Bigger question.  What is up with the ribbon at the top next to the NCUC?
Mike Johnston

Extremepredjudice

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Cool Mace

It's a UC award. It took me a minute to figure it out...

:EDIT: Grammar
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.