official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

RMW14

After what amounts as a 9 year hiatus from CAP, I rejoined the Williamsport Composite Squadron to occupy what little time I have away from school and work. I started CAP at the Reading Composite Squadron 811 in 1995, transferred to the Lebanon VFW Squadron 307 in 1999 and left CAP in 2004. While I was a cadet I attended Encampment (96), Hawk Mountain Ranger school (basic in 97 and Mike Sq. in 98), CLS(97), OTS (98) and I was on staff at OTS in 99.

I joined the board to learn some of the things that the manuals and regs seem leave vague and maybe offer some input as a former cadet/outsider/senior member. I have seen a few people I know (sigs at the bottom of posts) but much more of it seems to be new.

If anyone has any questions of me or knows me from my time as a cadet, please feel free to contact me!
Ryan Weir Capt
Emergency Services Officer Jesse Jones Composite Squadron 304
Expert Ranger #274
NASAR SARTECH 1 Lead Evaluator/ WEMT
CD PAWG Central
AOBD,GBD,GTL, GTM1, UDF, MO, MS, MRO, AP

Riot

I'm new to the forums and just wanted to say hi from Ohio... good to be back in CAP as a senior member now! I hope I can learn a lot and find plenty to talk about here.

Officers Shoes

Hello CAPTalk users! I've been a cadet in CAP for a few years now & just recently found out about CAPTalk. I run a blog, officersshoes.blogspot.com, that is designed to help new officers find a footing in CAP. I give tips on how to make their cadet life easier, answer questions that I had a hard time finding the answers to, and just do what I can to help them out. I was the first cadet in my squadron to earn my Billy Mitchell award so there were no higher-ups on the cadet side that I could go to for information about what my next steps were to be. Thankfully I had been to several NCSAs and had met some really cool cadet officers that were able to help me out. I realized that there had to be other cadets out there that are in that place, so I started Officers Shoes to do what I could. Check the blog out & let me know what you think!
You're there. I've been there. I've been in your shoes. They're Officers Shoes.

mikebank

Just leaving a note to say I'm back active with CAP. I was inactive for about a year or so.. but I moved to Missouri, so I transferred to the squadron in Hannibal.
1st Lt Michael Bankson
Safety Officer
NCR-MO-089
Former EM1, U.S. Navy

Dawgpaw

Just want to confirm to all I have signed up. Hope I have put enough into my profile to make my CAP membership apparent. Been a member since Sept 2010 and a CAP Pilot since Dec 2010. I have had a good time so far. Looking forward to exploring this site and perhaps asking for help/insights  on some issues that have come up. 
FJK 2nd Lt
TMP/Orientation Pilot/MS

flightteck

Hey im from Lantana Florida and i joined at the beginning  of the year and so far i enjoy the cadet program.

Deorad

Hey I'm from Washington; [insert obligatory the state not the capitol remark here] Been lurking around this forum for a while but never bothered to post until today so, ummmm hi? 

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Jamie Hurley

Might as well make myself known. I was a cadet from 2002-2008 in Arizona wing. Turned 21 and senior member in 2008, but haven't been active at all since. I'm thinking of becoming a little more active now (as long as I can keep it "hobby" not a job) and came here to update myself on things that may have changed in the last couple years. I recognize a lot of names here, and I hope you are all doing well.
National Drill Team Champion 2006 & 2008
Spaatz 1644

FlyTiger77

Welcome back to the wonderful world of CAP!
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on April 30, 2012, 05:46:18 PM
Might as well make myself known. I was a cadet from 2002-2008 in Arizona wing. Turned 21 and senior member in 2008, but haven't been active at all since. I'm thinking of becoming a little more active now (as long as I can keep it "hobby" not a job) and came here to update myself on things that may have changed in the last couple years. I recognize a lot of names here, and I hope you are all doing well.

Welcome to CAPTalk!  :clap:

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Jamie Hurley

Thank you Mr Fischer. I knew a lot of good cadets from your unit when I was a cadet. I hope you are doing well up there.
Spaatz 1644

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on April 30, 2012, 07:06:22 PM
Thank you Mr Fischer. I knew a lot of good cadets from your unit when I was a cadet. I hope you are doing well up there.

Mr. Hurley,

We are doing very well. What squadron are you from?

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Jamie Hurley

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on April 30, 2012, 07:42:21 PMMr. Hurley,

I started out at 205 in Sedona, then helped create 212 in Cottonwood back in 2005. That's where I finished my days as a cadet. Now I live in Tucson, and am interested in joining 105 on DMAFB.
Spaatz 1644

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on April 30, 2012, 07:50:08 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on April 30, 2012, 07:42:21 PMMr. Hurley,

I started out at 205 in Sedona, then helped create 212 in Cottonwood back in 2005. That's where I finished my days as a cadet. Now I live in Tucson, and am interested in joining 105 on DMAFB.

Cool! I am currently in Prescott, maybe I'll see you at later wing activities!

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

ramjet777

Roger Hunt from the TN-133 Sr. Sq. Joined the first of the year (2012). William Hartmann is a retired COL from Big Bear, CA and is a good friend of mine. He peaked my interest in CAP. I am currently awaiting a special issuance 3rd Class Medical from the FAA for Diabetes. I received my pilot's license in 1982 while serving in the U.S. Air Force at Travis AFB, CA. I received my pilots' license on July 20th, the anniversary of the Neil Armstrong walk on the moon.

We have a very special person in our squadron. His father was one of the original Tuskugee Airman.

James Shaw

Welcome to CAP. You will find alot of interesting things in CAP and on CAPTalk. They are both great things to participate in.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Struts

Hello CAPTalk. I'm a cadet from New Hampshire Wing and have been browsing here for some time. I hold the grade of C/SSgt. Can't wait to interact with all of you on the forums.  :)

Cap'n

Quote from: Cashboy on May 06, 2012, 05:38:08 PM
Hello CAPTalk. I'm a cadet from New Hampshire Wing and have been browsing here for some time. I hold the grade of C/SSgt. Can't wait to interact with all of you on the forums.  :)

Welcome to CAPTalk, sergeant!

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Cashboy on May 06, 2012, 05:38:08 PM

Hey, Sergeant! Welcome to CAPTalk!

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!