official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me

Quote from: Spam on February 20, 2018, 04:58:35 PM
Quote from: Second_In_Command on February 17, 2018, 05:30:36 PM
Hello everyone, I am currently a Senior Airman in Civil Air Patrol. I've been apart of this wonderful organization for almost 4 years. (If any of you are wonder why I am such a low rank for being apart of CAP for 4 years, that is a whole other story that is long.)

Welcome, cadet.

You might want to edit your tag slightly to "SER-GA-454" (the correct charter number ordering).

You've got a good unit (the Wing/CC and I enjoyed doing a bit of PT with y'all the week before last when we visited, and we had a good time training with y'all on the mountain this past weekend). I'd never before seen a real entire C-141 bounce from cadets doing PT in it!

Best,
Spam

Oh, thanks I didn't realize it was messed up.
C/SSgt Cassie

Sriracha

Hello!

I've recently joined Civil Air Patrol a few months ago, November of 2017. I am currently a Cadet Airman. I've actually been "in the shadows" as a guest for the past few days, so I do know a bit about CAP Talk. I'll mostly be active in the Operations boards, as I've been studying to become a Ground Team Member, and a few other Specialty Qualifications. I know I'm a low rank, but I've been trying to get involved with ES.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be here, and glad to be part of CAP in general. Nice to meet you guys!

Toad1168

Quote from: RiChArD7032 on February 06, 2018, 06:18:30 PM
It's been a LONG time since I was active in CAP.  Prior Utah Wing Cadet in the 90's.  I know, most of you weren't even born yet.  I'm back as a SM and excited to jump back in and be a mentor to my cadets.  I hope to be as effective as many of the SM's I had when I was a cadet.  I'm looking forward to learning from you all.

Welcome back.  I was a cadet in the late 80s-early 90s before the dark side came calling.
Toad

The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me

Quote from: Sriracha on February 28, 2018, 10:00:12 PM
Hello!

I've recently joined Civil Air Patrol a few months ago, November of 2017. I am currently a Cadet Airman. I've actually been "in the shadows" as a guest for the past few days, so I do know a bit about CAP Talk. I'll mostly be active in the Operations boards, as I've been studying to become a Ground Team Member, and a few other Specialty Qualifications. I know I'm a low rank, but I've been trying to get involved with ES.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be here, and glad to be part of CAP in general. Nice to meet you guys!
Hello, I am glad that you are here also that you are in C.A.P. as well. XP How have you been liking C.A.P. so far?

Also, it's fine you don't have to worry too much about ur rank if you want to get involved with ES.

C/SSgt Cassie

Sriracha

Quote from: The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me on March 01, 2018, 03:46:55 PM
Hello!

Hello, I am glad that you are here also that you are in C.A.P. as well. XP How have you been liking C.A.P. so far?

Also, it's fine you don't have to worry too much about ur rank if you want to get involved with ES.

I've personally been loving CAP so far. I'm also an AFJROTC cadet, so CAP really shines in comparison to them.

The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me

Quote from: Sriracha on March 01, 2018, 05:01:20 PM
Quote from: The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me on March 01, 2018, 03:46:55 PM
Hello!

I've personally been loving CAP so far. I'm also an AFJROTC cadet, so CAP really shines in comparison to them.

That's great, I am glad to hear that. I've heard a lot of good things about AFJROTC. XD
C/SSgt Cassie

The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me

Quote from: Spam on February 20, 2018, 04:58:35 PM
Quote from: Second_In_Command on February 17, 2018, 05:30:36 PM
Hello everyone, I am currently a Senior Airman in Civil Air Patrol. I've been apart of this wonderful organization for almost 4 years. (If any of you are wonder why I am such a low rank for being apart of CAP for 4 years, that is a whole other story that is long.)

Welcome, cadet.

You might want to edit your tag slightly to "SER-GA-454" (the correct charter number ordering).

You've got a good unit (the Wing/CC and I enjoyed doing a bit of PT with y'all the week before last when we visited, and we had a good time training with y'all on the mountain this past weekend). I'd never before seen a real entire C-141 bounce from cadets doing PT in it!

Best,
Spam

Spam,

Thank you, I enjoyed that you visited our squadron. (Sadly I wasn't able to participate in that event). Haha, me either that was my first time seeing it myself I was actually quite surprised that it did that.

Sincerely,

C/SrA Cassie
C/SSgt Cassie

West MI-CAP-Ret

Quote from: Pylon on June 27, 2017, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: jimmy73 on June 27, 2017, 08:24:04 AM
Good luck to you all I'll b leaving the forum apparently I'm not welcome here . Best of luck to everyone!

I just reviewed every thread you've participated in and found only helpful, professional responses to everything you've posted. I'm not sure why you'd feel unwelcome here at CAPTalk but if a member has been harassing you privately via PM please use the "Report" button to help the moderating staff ensure that others are not similarly treated going forward.

Late in reading these threads, but sounds like good (excellent) advice to me.  I've belonged to a few CAP blogs, but I end up leaving because the blogs end up being 'I Hate CAP' rather than giving helpful advice.  My understanding is that there are several wing, region, and a few national members on this blog; not to check up on us but to find out what the membership is thinking about. Also, there are dozens of Lt Cols who 'lurk' around just wanting to help out (which one helped me when my group went through their sui last year). The only thing that can be 'possibly'  taken the wrong way, is when a company-grade senior member asks questions they could have/should have found by themselves.  This group is not too gentle about those questions (boy I know because I've asked these questions because I was too lazy to look for the answer myself).
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

dholden

Not only am I here, I believe I introduced myself already.  I joined CAP in September 2017.

Just wanted to say that I know all organizations have issues, clearly CAP is no exception, however, I appreciate the level of organization and momentum I see.  I've volunteered to help other groups in the past.  I am not left wondering how to proceed in CAP, 'advance', or where to go for answers.  There is a real degree of helpfulness and professionalism I appreciate.

In short, for a volunteer experience, I don't feel that CAP wastes my time.  And I really like almost everyone I meet too (and I'm fussy to please on that last point).

At present, I am working on Level II.

Best to you all.

MSgt Van

Well, after a five year break I'm back on board. See y'all around CAPTalk.

Sriracha

Quote from: MSgt Van on April 06, 2018, 04:52:07 PM
Well, after a five year break I'm back on board. See y'all around CAPTalk.

Welcome Back!

1SgtRoux

THIS IS 1Sgt ROUX
250 feet above sea level.
Good evening,
Humidity   75%
Wind Speed   Calm
Barometer   30.16 in (1022.1 mb)
Dewpoint   20°F (-7°C)
Visibility   10.00 mi
it is currently 2341EDT
Have a Good day every one.
2352EDT

SarDragon

Oh my, some posts have disappeared. Since this is a long-time post that doesn't lend itself to being locked, I have removed the most recent nonsense. A PM has also been sent.
Let's keep it civil, please.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mn_smokeater

Prospective Senior Member awaiting the word from National.  Looking forward to working with fellows and the cadets. Starting to get the uniforms together.

Color Guard Rifleman

C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

ccorderbroomfield

Christopher Corder, New senior member, Broomfield Squadron, Colorado Wing. 

Love it so far.  It pairs well with my activities for USAFA and DOD. 

Great people, great cadets, and very pleased with what I am learning. 

I'm the old one in the middle.   :)

BrokenZebra

Hi

My name is Megan-louise Tharp but I just go by Megan. My husband is a former CAP Member and I have decided to join. I have submitted my application we are in the process of moving from FL to WV.

I am 34 and have a rare connective tissue disorder known as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome so I am limited as to what I can participate in. Even the Squadron Commander is not sure what position I can fill.
SM Megan-louise Tharp
Charleston Cadet Squadron
MER-WV-013

SAREXinNY

Quote from: BrokenZebra on January 05, 2019, 12:40:37 AM
Hi

My name is Megan-louise Tharp but I just go by Megan. My husband is a former CAP Member and I have decided to join. I have submitted my application we are in the process of moving from FL to WV.

I am 34 and have a rare connective tissue disorder known as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome so I am limited as to what I can participate in. Even the Squadron Commander is not sure what position I can fill.

Welcome to CAP! While I don't know the exact limitations you're working with, I can think of a dozen different ways I could utilize someone who was motivated but had some physical limitations.  Public affairs, finance, character development, communications, aerospace education, administration/personnel...most of our duties don't require much more than time, or some typing, or taking photographs, or instructing, or working a radio.

PHall

Quote from: SAREXinNY on January 05, 2019, 01:24:54 PM
Hi

Welcome to CAP! While I don't know the exact limitations you're working with, I can think of a dozen different ways I could utilize someone who was motivated but had some physical limitations.  Public affairs, finance, character development, communications, aerospace education, administration/personnel...most of our duties don't require much more than time, or some typing, or taking photographs, or instructing, or working a radio.

We had a long time member in California Wing who had MS. Being in a wheelchair didn't stop her from being a Squadron Commander and a Wing Staff member.

BrokenZebra

Quote from: SAREXinNY on January 05, 2019, 01:24:54 PM
Hi

I have a condition which is rare called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome I have Type 3 (which is hypermobile) my joints pop out of place all the time and Type 4 which is vascular I am prone to organs not working or dissection of arteries I had 2 open heart surgeries at 15, a knee realignment surgery, rotator cup surgery, and I am in constant pain and have time my blood preasure bottoms out for no appearent reason. also with my medication I can not be prolong sun exposure and anything over a 3 mile walk is out of the question.

The SQ/CC has no clue where I fit in with those limitations
SM Megan-louise Tharp
Charleston Cadet Squadron
MER-WV-013