VFW Ribbon Problem

Started by DrDave, June 06, 2007, 03:49:18 AM

DrDave

Question for the group:

One of my squadrons received their VFW NCO and Officer medals and ribbons to award to their deserving cadets.

However, the accompanying ribbon does not fit on the standard ribbon racks the cadets are using.

Have any of you experienced this problem?  And, if so, can the VFW ribbons be fixed somehow so they can fit on the ribbon rack or are the cadets just out of luck?

Thanks,
Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

Tim Medeiros

If its still like the time I had mine awarded ages ago, there is a slight trick to getting it to fit.  I think on mine I was lucky and was able to slide the prongs off, theres also the option of figuring out how to cut them off.  I'll have to sleep on it to remember exactly what I did but the above might help
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Matt

I just got mine last year.  Find a CAP ribbon you don't want (in this case two), remove the inside backing, it'll slide out with a little effort.  Do the same with the VFW ribbon, same thing, little more effort, you may need to bend the tabs.  Remove the ribbon material (on both ribbons), place the VFW material on the standard CAP-ribbon backing (the metal portion), pull it tight, and place the inside backing back in.  WHAMO!  You have VFW awards that are now CAP-compatible.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>