What do I need to study for the Billy Mitchell Leadership Test? ( Learn to Lead)

Started by Airforcekid22, July 21, 2013, 06:18:39 PM

Airforcekid22

I don't really know what to study. Are there any practice test I could maybe take?

lordmonar

Your leadership book, all your AE modules, the drill manual and CAPR 52-16.

Got to Cadet Stuff for some practice tests.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Peeka

Here is something someone already posted. Hope it helps.

Quote from: C/ CMSgt on May 29, 2013, 05:29:18 PM
I just passed the test. If you go to...

http://quizlet.com/class/498100/

it is a list of Aerospace terms and a list of leadership terms that I found VERY helpful on the test. One of the main reason that I passed the aerospace test.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Airforcekid22 on July 21, 2013, 06:18:39 PM
I don't really know what to study. Are there any practice test I could maybe take?

Everything you've studied for promotions in the last 18+ months.

Critical AOA

Let me see if I understand this correctly.  You have made it through all of the previous levels and tests and are ready for the Mitchell but you don't know what to study or what the expected knowledge base is or what resources exist (besides this forum) to find out.  Yet, you think you are ready to be an officer.  Does that sum it up? 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

rebowman

All cadets should be aware of the Stripes to Diamonds page - even the Super Chart !

Patterson

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on July 22, 2013, 02:08:15 AM
Let me see if I understand this correctly.  You have made it through all of the previous levels and tests and are ready for the Mitchell but you don't know what to study or what the expected knowledge base is or what resources exist (besides this forum) to find out.  Yet, you think you are ready to be an officer.  Does that sum it up?

Easy David... As there is a lot of information in L2L and Aerospace leading up to the Mitchell, the poster was obviously asking where he can find practice tests to determine areas he needs to focus on.  The fact that he is reaching out and seeking assistance so he can better prepare himself makes him an ideal Cadet Officer.  You on the other hand; jumped on his case, questioning his motives, and abilities and pretty much bashed him and his prospects of being a Cadet Officer.  Not cool at all.  You are most likely a terrible leader (and I feel very bad for all those Cadets that have the misfortune to be "stuck" with you in their Squadron).

Майор Хаткевич

Actually, he said he doesn't know what to study. As a testing officer I can already say that not knowing will make it hard to get to 80%.

Critical AOA

Quote from: Patterson on July 31, 2013, 01:45:35 AM
Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on July 22, 2013, 02:08:15 AM

Easy David... As there is a lot of information in L2L and Aerospace leading up to the Mitchell, the poster was obviously asking where he can find practice tests to determine areas he needs to focus on.  The fact that he is reaching out and seeking assistance so he can better prepare himself makes him an ideal Cadet Officer.  You on the other hand; jumped on his case, questioning his motives, and abilities and pretty much bashed him and his prospects of being a Cadet Officer.  Not cool at all.  You are most likely a terrible leader (and I feel very bad for all those Cadets that have the misfortune to be "stuck" with you in their Squadron).

Well that is just your opinion and like certain parts of our anatomy, we all have one.  Darn, what is that smell?
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Critical AOA

Quote from: usafaux2004 on July 31, 2013, 04:52:58 AM
Actually, he said he doesn't know what to study. As a testing officer I can already say that not knowing will make it hard to get to 80%.
:clap:
Now, that makes sense.

luv2fly97

I've taken the test twice now. You can definitely expect it to be challenging if you don't study HARD for it I studied like crazy for 2 weeks and barely failed. If you don't study it inside, outside, anyway you can possibly think of it's gonna be challenging. It's worded in a way that multiple answers could be right. I also found that there were many questions from chapters 4 and 8. but still study every single page. and another trick I learned is to make your own practice quiz but make it really hard. and a senior member suggested that  I should make a detailed outline for all 8 chapters and that way I would be really studying it.

Майор Хаткевич

Having recently proctored it while reading it to a cadet, I have to say that you have to READ every word. Many of my highschool/college classes had the same pattern. A not here, an all but there, and there's a few misses when you don't understand the wording of the question.

P.S. an obligatory WIWAC, the Mitchell was 100 questions, and if you failed, you had to retake the whole thing over. I like it more now.

Offutteer

Make sure you start with Chapter 2, Objectives 45 - 49 (emphasizing 48 and 49).  That should help guide you through the rest of the chapters.  You're supposed to learn (and then use) the information, not simply take a test on it.  Most of the information in the books are meant to help you throughout your life.