NVWG Honor Guard

Started by Airman De Ruiter, January 29, 2013, 04:55:02 AM

Airman De Ruiter

So I've been hearing from some people that NVWG is going to be reactivating its honor guard. I've been trying to find something solid about this, but I haven't had any success. Any of you guys/gals hear anything of this?
Signature edited.  Violation of Membership Code of Conduct.

Майор Хаткевич

I'm sure your unit can tell you once you're a member...

Airman De Ruiter

All I'm told is that there is one forming. Any chance someone could direct me to an announcement or something to that effect?

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 05:10:04 AM
All I'm told is that there is one forming. Any chance someone could direct me to an announcement or something to that effect?

Chances are there's nothing formal yet, if it's still just forming...

Airman De Ruiter

Oh, okay. So I shouldn't take the fact that I can't find anything official as a bad sign, right?

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 05:14:21 AM
Oh, okay. So I shouldn't take the fact that I can't find anything official as a bad sign, right?

You should stick with what your leadership told you and wait.

lordmonar

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 05:10:04 AM
That would be your squadron commander....If he does not know then HE should ask the wing Director of Cadet Programs.

HINT:HINT:HINT

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Airman De Ruiter

Oh, I didn't know the Director of CP would be able to help. I know my Director of CP.

lordmonar

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 05:22:26 AM
Oh, I didn't know the Director of CP would be able to help. I know my Director of CP.
Soon to be cadet De Ruiter......the point being ask your chain of command for the information you seek.

The same can be said for about 90% of the stuff you have posted here on CT.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Airman De Ruiter

All right. I think I'm starting to get it now. You guys don't really want posts that aren't completely necessary. I've been posting questions that can be handled by CoC because I can get a response quicker on here than with CoC. I'll cut down on that.

And what is soon to be?

Edited: because autocorrect sucks.

abdsp51

Soon to be meaning soon to be in others you are not quite a cadet yet....

a2capt

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 05:44:32 AMI've been posting questions that can be handled by CoC because I can get a response after on here than with CoC.
Now that's interesting... -after- ? Or are you looking for answers that are more compatible to what you want to hear?
Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 05:44:32 AMAnd what is soon to be?
Soon to be .. possibly .. so, what unit are you a part of?

Airman De Ruiter

Quote from: abdsp51 on January 29, 2013, 05:50:48 AM

Haha, I'd say I fit squarely into the meaning of "Cadet".

abdsp51

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 06:47:08 AM

Really, so you show on a units membership roster and have a CAP ID#?

Airman De Ruiter

Negative on that one, Ghost Rider. I have yet to get my papers and what not taken care of.

abdsp51

And you have just made Lordmonar's point soon to be cadet....

Airman De Ruiter

Because I'm not registered in a CAP system, I'm not a cadet?

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 06:54:14 AM
Negative on that one, Ghost Rider. I have yet to get my papers and what not taken care of.

So why were you splitting hairs then? You knew full well that the quote you responded to implied "CAP Cadet".

Believe it or not, all of these posts of yours just gave you a not-so-favorable reputation here, and I'm sure locally as well since your leaders now know of your behavior here. If you have/were close to a JROTC TIG waiver qualification, that may have well gone down the tubes, simply based on what you've revealed here about your maturity.

Think before you post.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 07:05:53 AM
Because I'm not registered in a CAP system, I'm not a cadet?

Yes. Stop splitting hairs. You are not a CAP Cadet Officially until your paperwork and check clear.

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 05:22:26 AM

I happen to know one of the SER Vice Commaders quite well, but that doesn't mean I go to him for answers instead of my wing commander.

I would think that as a cadet in several organizations (except, apparently CAP) the chain of command has been explained to you as has the peril one faces in skipping it. The concept of followership and such.

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 06:47:08 AM

Free advice: No one likes a barracks lawyer. Barracks lawyers that are wrong are even less desirable.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP