Wing special acts

Started by C/Munlz, December 02, 2012, 10:35:54 PM

C/Munlz

I'm not entirely sure where this goes but ive been reading all the new material on journey of flight
{and haven't touched leadership yet}. I wanted to know if in this special acts will cadets be forced to
sink or swim with the new material or will older cadets be allowed to take the old version of the test?

Thanks a bunch friends!

a2capt

The "old" material is due to phased out totally by October 2013. That will be the last time a Spaatz exam that a cadet still using the Leadership 2000 curriculum can have a Spaatz testing battery based on what they have been using.

If you are not C/Major right now .. you shouldn't even be  bothering with the Leadership 2000. 

Don't know what you mean by "special acts". I sense ire .. you're about 2 and a half years too late. Could have been well on the way to being done with the whole thing, with a 3/4ths of it behind you in that time period.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on December 02, 2012, 11:09:40 PMIf you are not C/Major right now .. you shouldn't even be  bothering with the Leadership 2000. 

Yep, you should be on the new stuff and not even care about the old stuff.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Our unit has one cadet left on the old program. Once he gets his Earhart he is switching to L2L as he won't possibly make Spaatz on L21C

spaatzmom

Florida wing holds special activities selection boards in Jan.    http://flcadet.com/activities/special-activities-selection.aspx 

The Florida Special Activities Selection Board is an annual event created to rank cadets who are applying for a limited number of national summer activities, Florida Wing Career Shadowing, and International Air Cadet Exchange program slots. Also, cadets nominated for cadet of the year are interviews as part of the nomination process and cadets that wish to learn how well they are doing when compared to others in their peer groups may wish to attend.

Cadets can expect to take an exam, appear before a selection board, and participate in a physical fitness evaluation.

This is the only thing that I can connect to special acts within wing.