When cadets get promoted do they get certificates?

Started by KERALA, April 03, 2012, 03:43:25 PM

KERALA

Noble Six

United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897

Eclipse

It depends on your squadron - some are really good about certificates and "shake and takes", some don't pay as much attention to non-milestones.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Your squadron must do the certificate for Wright Brothers....NHQ will send you the certs for all the other mile stones.

If you want certs for the other promotions you can make up a cert or search the web for existing certs.
We have certs for most of the ribbons and awards most everyone receives. (red service, recruiting, community services, encampment, ect).
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: lordmonar on April 03, 2012, 10:17:54 PM
Your squadron must do the certificate for Wright Brothers....NHQ will send you the certs for all the other mile stones.
Orlly? what happens if they don't? Mine never did.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 03, 2012, 11:01:49 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on April 03, 2012, 10:17:54 PM
Orlly? what happens if they don't? Mine never did.

Then you don't have anything to hang on the wall...

Pylon

Your squadron can still make you one.  Each squadron requests blank Wright Brothers Award certificate blanks from NHQ.  They arrive fairly quickly once requested through the E-Services based Form 8 module.  Then the unit only needs to either print or calligrapher the name of the cadet, the dates, and the award number on the certificate.

If you didn't get one, there's no reason that your unit couldn't fix their oversight now and make you one.  They're supposed to do that; the Wright Brothers milestone certificate was not intended to be optional.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

coudano

We always have the cadet front and center, and report to the commander.
Then the rank is pinned on by either the squadron commander, or the cadet's parent(s); the choice there is up to the cadet and their family.

We only give certificates for the milestones, but when we give them, shake, take (pause for picture), salute.

for the other promotions that do not come with certificates, the cadet still shakes and salutes, after being pinned on (just without the 'take')

titanII

Quote from: coudano on April 04, 2012, 12:21:31 AM
We always have the cadet front and center, and report to the commander.
Then the rank is pinned on by either the squadron commander, or the cadet's parent(s); the choice there is up to the cadet and their family.

We only give certificates for the milestones, but when we give them, shake, take (pause for picture), salute.

for the other promotions that do not come with certificates, the cadet still shakes and salutes, after being pinned on (just without the 'take')
Pretty much the same at my squadron.
No longer active on CAP talk