Planning an ALS

Started by Bracy Bazil, March 26, 2019, 03:30:23 AM

Bracy Bazil

I am currently the Cadet Commander of a Squadron and wish to host a small ALS including my squadron and any surrounding squadrons that wish to attend. Who do I need to contact to get my event make/approved so that attendees can have the chord, certificate of completion and documentation that they completed the activity. Would I contact the my Group Commander?

SarDragon

Quote from: Bracy Bazil on March 26, 2019, 03:30:23 AM
I am currently the Cadet Commander of a Squadron and wish to host a small ALS including my squadron and any surrounding squadrons that wish to attend. Who do I need to contact to get my event make/approved so that attendees can have the chord cord, certificate of completion and documentation that they completed the activity. Would I contact the my Group Commander?

FTFY.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

I am currently the Cadet Commander of a Squadron and wish to host a small ALS including my squadron and any surrounding squadrons that wish to attend. Who do I need to contact to get my event make/approved so that attendees can have the chord, certificate of completion and documentation that they completed the activity. Would I contact the my Group Commander?

My guess would be your Wing Cadet Program folks.

NC Hokie

Talk to your squadron commander first, as he/she will have to be the one to make initial contact with higher HQ to get approval for your activity.  Your commander may delegate planning and running the activity to you, but he/she will be responsible for it as far as higher HQ is concerned.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

PHall

Quote from: NC Hokie on March 27, 2019, 04:03:49 PM

Talk to your squadron commander first, as he/she will have to be the one to make initial contact with higher HQ to get approval for your activity.  Your commander may delegate planning and running the activity to you, but he/she will be responsible for it as far as higher HQ is concerned.

You still need to talk to the Wing Cadet Programs folks too. If for nothing else they should have the course materials and such.
The wheel does not need reinventing...

jeders

Or better yet, you could just attend one of the three ALS currently on the schedule at texascadet.org.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Ghost

On top of letting your commander know, there is also a group structure in Texas that you might look in to before going to wing