Main Menu

ABU coat

Started by civil air patrol king, November 13, 2017, 04:50:05 AM

civil air patrol king

Hello since winter is approaching us and it is getting colder where do you get a thick winter jacket for the ABUs

GZCP31

Per UPDATED_ABU_wear_instruction_24_Oct_2016, Members may wear the BDU Field Jacket or Gortex parka with the ABU
until 01 June 2018.

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/UPDATED_ABU_wear_instruction_24_Oct_BEA8C45C7D2DD.pdf
Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

NIN

BTW,  with some solid trolling on Ebay (the "looking for great deals" trolling, like in fishing) I managed to pick up an APECS parka and trousers for a total of $42.  There are deal out there to be had.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

OldGuy

What are the specs on the AF green fleece jacket?

NIN

Quote from: Cicero on November 13, 2017, 02:22:46 PM

Green Fleece. USAF issue.

I mean, what specs do you want? Fabric weight & loft?  Zipper composition? Stitch count? NSN?

Here's the old AF.mil article on it:

http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/118868/air-force-officials-release-fleece-wear-policy/

NSNs for the "middle sizes"
SM-Reg: 8415-01-538-6739
MED-Reg: 8415-01-538-6742
LG-Reg: 8415-01-538-6747

The "correct" Gen II or Gen III fleece has fabric on top of the shoulders as shown below:

I have a knock off fleece, I think it was a TruSpec. Its junk. Seriously.  Junk.

Had the grade velcro on the wrong side and is fleece "all over" and the zipper, drawstrings and cuff elastics are terrible

Another knockoff to avoid is the one that has basically fabric from the nametapes up:

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

OldGuy

Perfect, thanks all! (I expect snow soon, brrrrr.....)

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on November 13, 2017, 04:54:38 PM
Quote from: Cicero on November 13, 2017, 02:22:46 PM
...Had the grade velcro on the wrong side and is fleece "all over" and the zipper, drawstrings and cuff elastics are terrible

FIXED!

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

xray328

Don't I wish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: NIN on November 13, 2017, 07:51:19 PM
Quote from: xray328 on November 13, 2017, 07:18:16 PM
$15.95

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Military-Gen-III-Level-3-ECWCS-Medium-Polartec-Fleece-Jacket-Foilage/401384992198?_mwBanner=1

As long as you're Medium Regular. :P

I knew a guy who used to hold seances. He ate a bowl of prunes every day.

He was a Regular Medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

SarDragon

Bad. Really bad, and a crappy way to get horribly off topic.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret