Main Menu

CAP Glider Crash

Started by Shotgun, May 05, 2013, 02:49:37 AM

Shotgun

CAP Member injured in CAP Glider Accident!

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/new-jersey-man-injured-in-glider-crash-at-van-sant/article_d1ac2658-2a14-589f-b641-401163caddf4.html

This was part of the Regions Glider Orientation flight program. NER has suspended all glider operations until further notice.

Shotgun

Image of the glider form another news article

(Pretty sure this is the real thing and not a file photo)

PHall

That's one of the former Air Force Academy gliders too.  They all had that Hawk's head on the side of the cockpit.

Knight1427

Didn't they cancel glider flights because of that? Guess I'll never get to fly one if that's true, I just joined about a month ago.

Eclipse

Quote from: Knight1427 on June 18, 2013, 02:06:15 AM
Didn't they cancel glider flights because of that? Guess I'll never get to fly one if that's true, I just joined about a month ago.

Where?  In Philly or everywhere?  "Everywhere" is still flying.

When there's an incident like this, the pilots will have their flying privileges suspended during the investigation, but otherwise, unless there some endemic
safety issue, everyone continues ops normal, even during the same encampment, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

Huey Driver

NER has been in a gliding safety stand-down since the accident. I believe it has been lifted at this point and is almost back to the norm in terms of ops tempo.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Knight1427

Thanks, I'm looking forward to flying one!  :)