How do I cancel my NCSA application??

Started by James Hutchinson, February 28, 2019, 02:45:16 AM

James Hutchinson

I've been trying to cancel my application to an NCSA through EServices and could not find how to do it, please help anyone!

yolo

TheSkyHornet

Just email the host agency and copy in your Wing Director of Cadet Programs.

"Circumstances arose that require me to resign my application for (NCSA). I respectfully withdraw my application/nomination. I look forward to participating in the future."

Literally, all that has to happen is they don't select you for a slot, or they can go in and mark you not accepted now. Not a big deal.

But do it today. Don't put it off.

EMT-83

I think the word you want is rescind, not resign.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: EMT-83 on February 28, 2019, 02:00:20 PM
I think the word you want is rescind, not resign.

That, too.  ;D

"I renounce my throne! I am no longer the Prince of Zamunda!"

Color Guard Rifleman

Don't you think it's a little late to cancel? I mean the selection day is tomorrow.
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

MSG Mac

If selected you will be asked if you accept. Say No
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on February 28, 2019, 03:48:53 PM
Don't you think it's a little late to cancel? I mean the selection day is tomorrow.

Stuff comes up. People have to bail out.

Better now than right when payment is due.

Offutteer

Simply remove your activity selections from the application.  If you do that, your application will be approved with no activities selected. 

Offutteer

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on February 28, 2019, 03:48:53 PM

That's just the initial selections.  This early in the year, the Activity Directors know that people will back out for various reasons. If you decline a slot now, it gives the AD plenty of time to find a replacement.  It's the last minute declines with weak excuses that upset the ADs.  Getting into the Air Force Academy (or other military school) or ROTC field training dates that interfere with activities happen very often.  It's actually nice to get a call from a cadet that says they can't attend due to an AFA appointment.  It means they are on their way to go a great career and and are taking the path that they wanted.  It's the goal of the cadet program to create successful adults, not for every cadet to get their Spaatz and go to cool activities.   

It's also why you should try to keep the dates open for the activities you'd like to attend, but didn't get selected initially, as someone will need to fill that slot.