official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

SLI_fox6

I was a CAP cadet back when we just started to wear BDUs, in fact my first uniform besides my blues were OD. I wasn't in very long, maybe three years or so, long enough to do a few local activities, some FTXs, and go to encampment at Vandenberg AFB, before our composite squadron shut down.
I came back to CAP briefly as senior member in '97 and then left after probably a year or so -- work schedule had changed. Fast forward to December 2018 and my daughter found on her own, this organization called "Civil Air Patrol" that she is interesting in joining if I don't have Wednesday night classes next semester. She joins in January and I end up joining two months later and now they've got me taking over the big chair -- go figure!
1st Lt Clint Vallee
Los Alamitos Cadet Squadron 153
Squadron Commander, PAO & AEO

Simplex

Welcome back and good luck to you and your daughter!

joshfreeman

Hey, My name is Josh, and I am originally from Houston. I currently work as a notary in Los Angeles, but I recently changed careers and tried my luck as a mobile notary. Believe me when I say that mobile live scan fingerprinting notarization is a much higher-paying profession than being a notary, so this is it. This is who I am.

FlyingPig

Greetings

I have returned to CAPTalk after a several year absence.  I was previously in CAWG and was the commander of Sq 112-Fresno, CA.   Im now in Atlanta.  I had a 10 year break from CAP and reevaluating the idea of coming back in. None of my older kids were really interested in CAP, although both ended up joining the military.  I now have an 11 year old whos showing some interest.  I am a retired law enforcement airplane/helicopter pilot, and now fly EMS.

My previous screen name was Flying Pig.  Now its FlyingPig.  I accept responsibility for all previous comments posted before :)
Robert Steht, Capt.
Mission Pilot/CD Pilot
CFI Airplane / CFI Helicopter
Former Sq. Commander

NIN

Quote from: FlyingPig on December 19, 2021, 10:51:09 PMGreetings

I have returned to CAPTalk after a several year absence.  I was previously in CAWG and was the commander of Sq 112-Fresno, CA.   Im now in Atlanta.  I had a 10 year break from CAP and reevaluating the idea of coming back in. None of my older kids were really interested in CAP, although both ended up joining the military.  I now have an 11 year old whos showing some interest.  I am a retired law enforcement airplane/helicopter pilot, and now fly EMS.

My previous screen name was Flying Pig.  Now its FlyingPig.  I accept responsibility for all previous comments posted before :)
And there goes the doggone neighborhood.  Once you let an EMS pilot back in the door,  it's anarchy!
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

FlyingPig

Quote from: NIN on December 19, 2021, 11:18:58 PM

And there goes the doggone neighborhood.  Once you let an EMS pilot back in the door,  it's anarchy!

I was told you missed me in here.
Robert Steht, Capt.
Mission Pilot/CD Pilot
Former Sq. Commander

NIN

Quote from: FlyingPig on December 19, 2021, 11:26:36 PMI was told you missed me in here.

The word "missed" has so many definitions... :)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Spam

I have returned to CAPTalk after a several year absence.  I was previously in CAWG and was the commander of Sq 112-Fresno, CA.  Im now in Atlanta.  I had a 10 year break from CAP and reevaluating the idea of coming back in. None of my older kids were really interested in CAP, although both ended up joining the military.  I now have an 11 year old whos showing some interest.  I am a retired law enforcement airplane/helicopter pilot, and now fly EMS.

Ironically, a very popular aircraft in EMS these days (EC135/45) does in fact have a back door! 

Mister Pig! So glad to see you back, and even more happy to welcome y'all to Georgia! What unit are y'all joining?

R/s
Spam

FlyingPig

Quote from: Spam on December 19, 2021, 11:49:48 PM

I have returned to CAPTalk after a several year absence.  I was previously in CAWG and was the commander of Sq 112-Fresno, CA.  Im now in Atlanta.  I had a 10 year break from CAP and reevaluating the idea of coming back in. None of my older kids were really interested in CAP, although both ended up joining the military.  I now have an 11 year old whos showing some interest.  I am a retired law enforcement airplane/helicopter pilot, and now fly EMS.

Ironically, a very popular aircraft in EMS these days (EC135/45) does in fact have a back door! 

Mister Pig! So glad to see you back, and even more happy to welcome y'all to Georgia! What unit are y'all joining?

R/s
Spam

Not sure what unit yet.  I live closest to Kennesaw, but still in the evaluation phase :)  Im jumping over to the EC145 in January.
Robert Steht, Capt.
Mission Pilot/CD Pilot
Former Sq. Commander

SarDragon

Welcome back, Rob. Glad to see you again!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

astronomer311

Hello All

I am a retired aerospace engineer and radio astronomers, I am looking for units
I can serve by giving presentations on aerospace or astronomy (via zoom meetings
for example).

Reference available upon request.

astronomer311

NIN

Quote from: astronomer311 on December 23, 2021, 12:19:42 AMHello All

I am a retired aerospace engineer and radio astronomers, I am looking for units
I can serve by giving presentations on aerospace or astronomy (via zoom meetings
for example).

Reference available upon request.

astronomer311

Might I suggest getting in touch with Capt (I think Capt) Bob Roberts from South Carolina Wing. He has a great Aerospace Education YouTube channel, and while his content has petered off a little as CAP reactivated, with many wings marching backward to Phase I again, it seems that he might be "doing more soon."

https://www.youtube.com/c/RobertRoberts/

eMail - aerospaceeducationlive@gmail.com
Twitter - @aerospace_live
Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aerospace-live/id1541790633 #iTunes
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/robertroberts

His stuff is really good.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Tokyo Tengu

Hi, living in Tokyo and have recently joined the Yokota Cadet Squadron as a Senior Member. I was promoted to SSgt based on my prior service (USN 1976-1988). My Specialty track is Public Affairs and I am very interested in meeting other members of that community.
SSgt True R. Spence
Squadron NCO, Yokota Cadet Squadron
Prior Service USN, 1976-1988 (Medical discharge)
Shipboard Service aboard USS CONSTELLATION (CV-64)
Journalist Second Class Petty Officer (E5)
My specialty track is Public Affairs

Buck

Well, I'm Here! I was in CAP from 2005-2013 and left for a time.   Just rejoined and am excited to get back into things.   Thank you for this resource!

THRAWN

Quote from: Buck on February 15, 2022, 11:41:34 PMWell, I'm Here! I was in CAP from 2005-2013 and left for a time.   Just rejoined and am excited to get back into things.   Thank you for this resource!

Welcome back.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

chaplainslife

New senior member here, starting on CDI track and Cadet Programs, also in theological seminary looking to serve as chaplain in the near future. I'm also in officer accessions to become a Chaplain candidate in the USAF. Glad to make the acquaintance of everyone.
SM Lemuel V. Sapian

N6RVT

California Wing when I Resigned last week.

I won't miss them either.

speedydoug

Quote from: speedydoug on November 24, 2017, 06:44:38 AMHello, all.
C/Capt Atwell at your service.

A little about me:
Joined CAP February 2015
Attending college for mechanical engineering
Joining AF through OTS after college with intent of becoming fighter/test pilot

That's the gist of things at this present time.

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

A little update:
I earned my Spaatz award in 2019 (#2246)
I am the squadron deputy commander in a brand new squadron in MO
I will graduate with my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering in the spring 2023
I still plan to join the AF, but it will be through ANG
Looking at job offers from both Ford Motor Company and Northrup Grumman

I logged in for the first time in 5 years, and thought it was pretty interesting to see where I had come in that time.
Captain Ethan Atwell
Spaatzen #2246

Ned

Where is the CT "like" button when I need it?

Congratulations on any/all of your accomplishments, and thank you for continuing to serve CAP.

Ned Lee

Eclipse

Quote from: Ned on July 04, 2022, 10:37:10 PMWhere is the CT "like" button when I need it?

Literally directly below the post.

"That Others May Zoom"