Main Menu

CAP Business Cards

Started by Lloyd Bumanglag Capt,CAP, September 23, 2008, 05:50:46 PM

mclarke

We do have a specific format and logos that are you be used. It was discussed at Wing. If anyone is interested, I do have the format in Word that I would happily pass on to anyone interested. Just send me a private message.

Eclipse

That specification would only apply to your wing if directed by the commander, there is no national specification for business cards.

"That Others May Zoom"

mclarke

Quote from: Eclipse on April 19, 2011, 01:55:50 AM
That specification would only apply to your wing if directed by the commander, there is no national specification for business cards.

this is...

Posted by Lt Col Paul Cianciolo on April 24th, 2009 filed in Public Affairs, Regulation Updates

The final version of the business cards to be used by all wing and squadron staff were approved today.  These are the only cards to be used by members of Civil Air Patrol's National Capital Wing.  Staff members may have cards printed at wing headquarters by e-mailing the wing administrator at wa@natcapwg.cap.gov.  Staff may also request the wing staff or squadron staff card files to print them at home.  For questions, contact public affairs at pa@natcapwg.cap.gov.

http://www.natcapwg.cap.gov/abovethecapital/2009/04/business-cards-approved/

davidsinn

Quote from: mclarke on April 19, 2011, 03:33:46 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 19, 2011, 01:55:50 AM

this is...

Posted by Lt Col Paul Cianciolo on April 24th, 2009 filed in Public Affairs, Regulation Updates

The final version of the business cards to be used by all wing and squadron staff were approved today.  These are the only cards to be used by members of Civil Air Patrol's National Capital Wing.  Staff members may have cards printed at wing headquarters by e-mailing the wing administrator at wa@natcapwg.cap.gov.  Staff may also request the wing staff or squadron staff card files to print them at home.  For questions, contact public affairs at pa@natcapwg.cap.gov.

http://www.natcapwg.cap.gov/abovethecapital/2009/04/business-cards-approved/

NatCap Wing is not NHQ. It is the District of Columbia and parts of Maryland and Virginia and is a wing just like yours or mine. Their regs have no bearing on those of us outside of the district.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Yep, sharp cards, irrelevent outside that wing.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

??? Hm...forcing wing staff to use one type of card i can understand....but forcing squadron staff to use it as well? Does cadet fluffys dad who happens to be the assistant safety officer really need that one single card?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Al Sayre

He may not need the card, but if he wants a card, that's the one he gets.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

arajca

How many times have we complained about inconsistant marketing? Here's a wing that is trying to fill a small part of that void.

My opinion is that is fine. Ideally, I think National needs to put out an official business card template or set up with a major vendor to produce them at a discounted rate for those members needing/wanting them.

Dad2-4

Am I seeing a contradiction in CAPR 900-2? Paragraph 3.c.10 says the seal may be used on business cards, but table 1 says no.
What seals or emblems may be used? May I use the MAJCOM emblem?

SarDragon

Quote from: CAPR 900-2, Table 1
CAP Stationary, Signs, Business CardsYes  Yes
Personal Stationary, Business Cards No Yes

I interpret it as follows:

If you are handing out the cards as a member of CAP for CAP business, then either the seal or emblem may be used.

If you are handing out the cards as an individual who also happens to be a CAP member, then only the emblem may be used.

YMMV.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Dad2-4

I didn't catch that. Thanks.
Now about the MAJCOM emblem...

EMT-83

For business cards, the CAP Seal is authorized if your card uses your official CAP duty title. Otherwise, the CAP Emblem is authorized.

How and when you hand out the cards is not covered by the regulation.

Eclipse

Why would you hand anyone a CAP business card for any reason other than official business?

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Mike Johnston

elipod

No, I don't think we want them for the purpose of picking up chicks :P

Here are a few photos of Business Cards I have made for me or my squadron.  I know, they are probably way overdone, but ordering them online....let me just say, they do turn out nice ;)

Sorry if this makes the page load slowly... I can't seem to make the photos appear smaller.

And, the last one is kinda funny. It is for my brother when he gets his Spaatz award in a couple weeks. Notice how we incorporated the Spaatz ribbon colors.

"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

MIKE

Holy page loading Batman!
Mike Johnston

HGjunkie

Quote from: elipod on April 21, 2011, 09:07:54 PM
Pictures almost crashed my browser...

I like those. A lot. Where do you order yours from? What program do you use to make those?
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

elipod

I would say I used Photoshop, but I didn't. I just used paint.net. (Its a free program thats a little more advanced than the original "PAINT" program). I just experiment, a lot.

I ordered my business cards from www.overnightprints.com (great service).

"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

Eclipse

I wonder how many dress shirts and pants have been ruined when those things run...

Where is the actual information that is supposed to be on a business card?

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

Quote from: HGjunkie on April 21, 2011, 10:10:45 PM
Quote from: elipod on April 21, 2011, 09:07:54 PM
Pictures almost crashed my browser...

I like those. A lot. Where do you order yours from? What program do you use to make those?
Did crash my browser. Just FYI. ;D

Waiting for them to load so I can comment on them.....
Oh, wait. It actually will not load the pictures. Never mind me, ignore the man posting at the bottom of the page...