New Senior Member cargo pant question

Started by BoxGranch, June 09, 2017, 03:49:33 PM

FlyNavy

Quote from: Eclipse on June 09, 2017, 06:48:56 PM
Never blouse those again.

Ever.

I think it actually looks pretty good in my opinion. To each his/her own.
Pilot, Oklahoma Wing
Qualifications: MP, MO, MS, AOBD, MSA, MRO, MSO, TMP, UDF, WS

Luis R. Ramos

How do you know the sixth person isn't aircrew?

You are right, I do not know. I was making a guess.

But if he is aircrew, then more fuel to my post.

Which I will repost with the premise you opened. That is, all six are aircrew.

The photo does not count as argument against "blousing pants when wearing Polos." Since all are aircrew, they most probably do not know about the needs for ground crew to blouse their pants into the boots.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

stillamarine

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on June 11, 2017, 09:48:24 PM

The photo does not count as argument against "blousing pants when wearing Polos." Since all are aircrew, they most probably do not know about the needs for ground crew to blouse their pants into the boots.

Why do ground teams need to blouse their pants?
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

etodd

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on June 11, 2017, 09:48:24 PM

No one has picked out the 'brown' hiking shoes, brown belt on the fellow in the middle of the photo. When you're the boss, you can do as you like. ;)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on June 12, 2017, 02:23:23 AM
No one has picked out the 'brown' hiking shoes, brown belt on the fellow in the middle of the photo.

Quote from: Eclipse on June 11, 2017, 08:52:59 PM
(The gent in the middle is wearing improper footwear).

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on June 12, 2017, 02:42:05 AM
Quote from: etodd on June 12, 2017, 02:23:23 AM
No one has picked out the 'brown' hiking shoes, brown belt on the fellow in the middle of the photo.

Quote from: Eclipse on June 11, 2017, 08:52:59 PM
(The gent in the middle is wearing improper footwear).

Ah. Missed it. He flew in that day to see how the mission was going. The boss can do what he wants, and wear what he wants. The perks of office.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on June 12, 2017, 02:58:05 AM
Ah. Missed it. He flew in that day to see how the mission was going. The boss can do what he wants, and wear what he wants. The perks of office.

Boss? The NHQ/CV isn't in the chain of Command for anyone buy HQ staff, and stars, especially, should set the proper example.

"That Others May Zoom"

LTC Don

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on June 09, 2017, 06:45:45 PM
Here's what they end up looking like:

A for enthusiasm, but an F for compliance.  The polo combination uniform is not intended nor specified to be bloused, regardless of the pants worn.  If wearing grey BDU pants, then get them pressed and cut the blousing straps out.   Using the excuse that it's OK to blouse a non-blouse uniform just because the pants happen to have blousing straps is a goober move causing the respect-o-meter to take a serious hit.
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: LTC Don on June 12, 2017, 11:41:28 AM

A for enthusiasm, but an F for compliance.  The polo combination uniform is not intended nor specified to be bloused, regardless of the pants worn.  If wearing grey BDU pants, then get them pressed and cut the blousing straps out.   Using the excuse that it's OK to blouse a non-blouse uniform just because the pants happen to have blousing straps is a goober move causing the respect-o-meter to take a serious hit.

I'll do it - cite please.

BDU pants come LONG. Even with straps removed, they'd need quite a bit of alteration.

That said, I've only worn it twice - the time I took pictures, and the time I didn't have enough time to go home, shave and get into BBDUs/Aviator setup time.

PHall

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on June 12, 2017, 02:51:53 PM
Quote from: LTC Don on June 12, 2017, 11:41:28 AM

I'll do it - cite please.

BDU pants come LONG. Even with straps removed, they'd need quite a bit of alteration.

That said, I've only worn it twice - the time I took pictures, and the time I didn't have enough time to go home, shave and get into BBDUs/Aviator setup time.

I'd like to see the cite too, but, I have worn this combo a number of times and didn't need to blouse them. Cost me a whole 5 bucks to have the alterations lady at the cleaners shorten them.

LTC Don, the polo combination's real name is the Corporate Working Uniform. Changed with the last revision of the 39-1. This is a work uniform now, not a "business" uniform.

zippity

Is someone keeping a spreadsheet on how many prospective members CT has run off over the years?

Eclipse

It's also not a field uniform, and you can't cite a negative, which is the point - no where in the regs can you find any comment
or suggestion that these are supposed to be BDU pants, or that they should be bloused.

I've said before that there's nothing wrong with wearing this occasionally for being on a Ground team, but if you're in an environment
that actually requires bloused trousers, you should be in a real field uniform.

If you find yourself standing in ankle-deep water, or with the risk of critters running up your legs in this uniform, something went wrong, either
"force majeure", or more likely your planning.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Nowhere in the regs can you find they are not to be worn by ground teams. or at least I did not find it. And every now and then I read the regs that concern me again!

What is the use of having a work uniform if you cannot take it to the field?!! What is the use of using this uniform as a ground team if it cannot be bloused? Because as a Ground Team Member you may end with critters. Otherwise just state it is for UDF and not for GTMs.
Squadron Safety Officer

waukwiz

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on June 11, 2017, 06:54:58 PM
So if I get my Polo, I will blouse it into the boots.

Blousing a polo into your boots would look awfully strange, don't you think?
Cadet Cullen Mayes
Waukesha Composite Squadron
"Ok, how about instead of doing that, let's not do that. Ok?"
GTM1 • MO • MRO • MSA • ♦UDF

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on June 12, 2017, 04:35:08 PM
Nowhere in the regs can you find they are not to be worn by ground teams. or at least I did not find it. And every now and then I read the regs that concern me again!

What is the use of having a work uniform if you cannot take it to the field?!! What is the use of using this uniform as a ground team if it cannot be bloused? Because as a Ground Team Member you may end with critters. Otherwise just state it is for UDF and not for GTMs.

We do have uniforms which mitigate these issues...

Eclipse

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on June 12, 2017, 04:35:08 PM

Being a "work" uniform simply means it's not formal like the whites or blues, it doesn't necessarily mean it's appropriate for general field use,
other then in a pinch, same goes for what used to be referred to as "utilities" before they designated the dark blue, non-Nomex CFDU as a FDU.

CAP has plenty of "work" situations that have nothing to do with ES - PT nights, AEX days, working a (dry) flight line, encampments, and of course
the ICP at a mission where these days just about every other agency is going to be in a golf shirt.

The argument as been made (though frankly it's a little silly), that the BDU is required equipment "on your person" for a Ground Team, so
if you prescribe to that, you'd have to carry one with you regardless of what you are wearing.

At the last eval we had a gent who was basically roused from bed to lead a GT - he did not expect to be in the field at all as he was there to fly and and already
xported an aircraft that AM.  All he had was the golf shirt / Tac pants, so he made due, but had he expected to be in the field BDU / ABU / CFU would have been the
more appropriate uniform.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Blousing a polo into your boots would look awfully strange, don't you think?

So if I get my Polo uniform, I will blouse pants it into the boots.

;)

Reposted in an expanded way for the benefit of the gentlemen who cannot read between lines...

>:D

Squadron Safety Officer

chuckmilam

Luis R. Ramos

I would say that shown by the gents in number 3 and 5 positions since they are in the "middle" of the gray scale shown by all the gents in the photo. Thus that is "medium" gray...
Squadron Safety Officer

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"