Specialty Track Entry in eServices

Started by a2capt, August 18, 2011, 03:59:43 AM

a2capt

Where has specialty track entry/updating gone in eServices?

capmaj

It's in the Admin section of the Commanders Corner.

Short Field

It hasn't moved.  You just need permissions to see and use it.     It is located on the right side of the screen under the restricted applications.  Title is "Specialty Track".  Just checked and it is still there.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

a2capt

Ah.. it must have gone from assignable in WSA, to assigned by duty position, which means you'd think the deputy positions would have some ability to get to it..

I know I've seen it in there before, but there's nothing that I can assign in WSA entitled "Specialty Track", or I'd have seen that. But at one time I even was able to see it the functions to actually ad/edit/submit.

Thanks.. 

(Like Safety, only the CC or Safety Officer, as assigned in eServices, can log the participation .. but ES ratings are able to be delegated. Lame.)

ßτε

Quote from: a2capt on August 18, 2011, 06:49:03 AM
Ah.. it must have gone from assignable in WSA, to assigned by duty position, which means you'd think the deputy positions would have some ability to get to it..

I know I've seen it in there before, but there's nothing that I can assign in WSA entitled "Specialty Track", or I'd have seen that. But at one time I even was able to see it the functions to actually ad/edit/submit.

Thanks.. 

(Like Safety, only the CC or Safety Officer, as assigned in eServices, can log the participation .. but ES ratings are able to be delegated. Lame.)
Both the Safety and Specialty Track modules are available to the Deputy Commander position, but not Deputy Commander for Seniors nor Deputy Commander for Cadets positions. One way to work around this is to also assign those serving in each of those positions the (Assistant) Deputy Commander position in eServices.

a2capt

Thats about what I was thinking.. skip the for cadets and seniors assignments in eServices and use the Deputy Commander, period. As if it were a senior or cadet only unit, and just have two. You've confirmed it.

More eServices voodoo :)

It sure would help if they would allow some more of this stuff to be delegated not just by title, because there are cases where computer access is still an issue, and others are just more efficient with it. Specialty tracks I can understand, but safety participation reporting.. Anyone can take a roster and tick boxes on a form and click submit after the briefing.

Camas

Quote from: a2capt on August 18, 2011, 06:49:03 AM

I've been a wing-level WSA for several years and I can't remember the specialty track permissions being other than strictly duty-assigned.

Quote from: ß τ ε on August 18, 2011, 01:19:22 PM
Both the Safety and Specialty Track modules are available to the Deputy Commander position, but not Deputy Commander for Seniors nor Deputy Commander for Cadets positions. One way to work around this is to also assign those serving in each of those positions the (Assistant) Deputy Commander position in eServices.

Probably not a good idea. It violates CAPR20-1; the organizational charts at the squadron level make no allowance of deputy commanders for composite squadrons. One would have to use deputy commander for cadets and seniors assignments to comply with this regulation.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Camas on August 18, 2011, 04:02:46 PM
Quote from: ß τ ε on August 18, 2011, 01:19:22 PM

Probably not a good idea. It violates CAPR20-1; the organizational charts at the squadron level make no allowance of deputy commanders for composite squadrons. One would have to use deputy commander for cadets and seniors assignments to comply with this regulation.

Then the NHQ IT staff needs to fix the problem and give the DCC / DCS the same access as DC.

a2capt

..and the Safety logging portion of this was just fixed by board vote, so lets see how long that takes to get implemented.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: a2capt on August 18, 2011, 03:39:48 PM
Thats about what I was thinking.. skip the for cadets and seniors assignments in eServices and use the Deputy Commander, period. As if it were a senior or cadet only unit, and just have two. You've confirmed it.

More eServices voodoo :)

It sure would help if they would allow some more of this stuff to be delegated not just by title, because there are cases where computer access is still an issue, and others are just more efficient with it. Specialty tracks I can understand, but safety participation reporting.. Anyone can take a roster and tick boxes on a form and click submit after the briefing.
Just a heads up, Specialty Track, or its predecessor "Senior Member Specialty Track", has never been able to be assigned by a WSA, I've tried asking to get it to be assignable by a WSA but the NHQ/IT folks said they were following the decision of the IT committee, same goes for assigning cadets to assistant positions in eServices but that is a whole other ball game.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

a2capt

It might not have been WSA, but I do know that I had access to it at one point. Not that I needed, but I do distinctly recall seeing it, and even used it to set up something for the DCs to approve.  It was when he came to me and said "Where did it go?" .. that I went looking again. 

I want to say that I saw it under Member Search (Restricted) and there was an edit option, just like the contact information can be edited.

Edit, as in add/submit/etc. But it surfaced now under both the Deputy Commander for Seniors duty position, too.

Kinda weird, almost as if someone from IT is stealthly lurking and fixing stuff w/o being asked ;-)