Submitted my Promotion Packet for Major - what a relief

Started by Майор Хаткевич, June 16, 2016, 07:19:07 PM

Майор Хаткевич

However the dice fall, I'm happy to have completed the requirements, and even more relieved now that the packet was done, and sent off.

Eclipse

As someone who has known you since your cadet days, and in the words of one of our esteemed colleagues:

"Of all the people I have known who are members of CAP, you sir, without question, are one of them..."

"That Others May Zoom"

THRAWN

You have a far reaching reputation as someone who truly knows what they're talking about. CAP is better for having you as a member. Good luck.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on June 16, 2016, 07:38:12 PM
As someone who has known you since your cadet days, and in the words of one of our esteemed colleagues:

"Of all the people I have known who are members of CAP, you sir, without question, are one of them..."

I love that quote.  >:D

Quote from: THRAWN on June 16, 2016, 07:42:40 PM[/size]You have a far reaching reputation as someone who truly knows what they're talking about. CAP is better for having you as a member. Good luck.

That comment started off with some scary words. Typically "far reaching reputation" is not a good place to be!

Garibaldi

Over the last few years, I've come to regard you as...people...I've met.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 16, 2016, 08:13:55 PM

Over the last few years, I've come to regard you as...people...I've met.

Oh, were you at the INWG/GLR conference too?  >:D

MSG Mac

The hat at Clothing Sales runs about $65. Must be nice to be rich.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: MSG Mac on June 17, 2016, 03:48:31 AM

The Grey and White hat costs $0.

NIN

Quote from: MSG Mac on June 17, 2016, 03:48:31 AM

The flight cap is the same.  :)

(Been a Lt Col since about 2004, haven't needed a wheel hat.. gonna stay that way until a field-grade hat crosses my path at a good price)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Spam

Sir, may I extend my (early?) sincere congratulations.

Will you update your screen name to майор Хаткевич?

Cheers!
Spam

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Spam on June 18, 2016, 02:52:04 AM

Cheers!
Spam

If it happens.

Spam

Why would it not?

I get it, though. I made LTC at age 29 and the MDWG Chief of Staff (retired field grade officer) opposed the personnel action, saying that I was just too young to reasonably be a Lt Colonel (the cadet service factored in). At Commanders Call (I was on my second command tour at the time) he walked down the aisle and dropped the completed CAPF2 on my lap without an announcement or comment. A rather miserly, petty thing to do, I thought, but I just folded it and put it away.

Captain(P) H, if you've earned it, you wear it with pride, and thanks for your service.

Very Respectfully,
Spam

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Spam on June 18, 2016, 05:39:50 AM
Why would it not?

I get it, though. I made LTC at age 29 and the MDWG Chief of Staff (retired field grade officer) opposed the personnel action, saying that I was just too young to reasonably be a Lt Colonel (the cadet service factored in). At Commanders Call (I was on my second command tour at the time) he walked down the aisle and dropped the completed CAPF2 on my lap without an announcement or comment. A rather miserly, petty thing to do, I thought, but I just folded it and put it away.

Captain(P) H, if you've earned it, you wear it with pride, and thanks for your service.

Very Respectfully,
Spam

For better or worse, ILWG has a set expectation of higher responsibility for Field Grade promotions. I believe that I've shown willingness and taken on roles above the unit level, but that's for the Unit, group, and wing Promotion Boards to decide.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on June 18, 2016, 06:05:34 AM
For better or worse, ILWG has a set expectation of higher responsibility for Field Grade promotions. I believe that I've shown willingness and taken on roles above the unit level, but that's for the Unit, group, and wing Promotion Boards to decide.

Considering the opening paragraph of the relevant regulation:
Quote from: CAPR 35-5 para 1-1.
General. Criteria for promotion of CAP active members (as defined in CAPR 39-2, paragraph 3-1a), will be applied uniformly throughout Civil Air Patrol. CAP unit supplements to this regulation in the form of publications or oral instructions that change the basic policies, criteria, procedures and practices prescribed herein are prohibited.
I'd say for the worse. I think the section of the reg above covers any way possible to add requirements to a promotion.

EMT-83

You would think so, but take a look over your western border.

Майор Хаткевич

Cheers!
Spam

Ask, and you shall receive.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Phil Hirons, Jr. on June 18, 2016, 06:11:52 PM
Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on June 18, 2016, 06:05:34 AM

Considering the opening paragraph of the relevant regulation:
Quote from: CAPR 35-5 para 1-1.
General. Criteria for promotion of CAP active members (as defined in CAPR 39-2, paragraph 3-1a), will be applied uniformly throughout Civil Air Patrol. CAP unit supplements to this regulation in the form of publications or oral instructions that change the basic policies, criteria, procedures and practices prescribed herein are prohibited.
I'd say for the worse. I think the section of the reg above covers any way possible to add requirements to a promotion.

And let's not forget the paragraph that states:

Quote from: CAPR 35-5, Para. 2-1a(4)
Be performing in an exemplary manner meriting promotion to the grade recommended.

Many members forget that paragraph.  ;)

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on September 23, 2016, 05:58:32 PM

Cheers!
Spam

Congratulations!

Eclipse

Well, congrats!

...seems like they will give those gold bottle caps to anyone these days...

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on September 23, 2016, 07:16:23 PM
Well, congrats!

...seems like they will give those gold bottle caps to anyone these days...

да

ColonelJack

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on September 23, 2016, 05:58:32 PM

Cheers!
Spam

Congratulations!  Welcome to the "field grade club."

Such as it is, anyway.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Shuman 14

Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present