Main Menu

CAPR 35-5 Revised Nov 2016

Started by Eclipse, November 22, 2016, 05:49:40 PM

Eclipse

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R035_005_489E25C089E93.pdf

"This revision removes the requirement for members selected to serve as National Commander to serve
one year as a brigadier general before promotion to major general; removes all references to the National
Controller position; authorizes the grade of colonel for those serving in the position of CAP Liaison to the
Pentagon; removes the reference to God from the promotion oath; clarifies the temporary lieutenant
colonel promotion process, deletes the requirement to have separate promotion boards for officer and
NCO promotions; deletes the requirement for Legislative Liaison Officers to revert to their previous grade
at the end of assignment; deletes the requirement to serve six months in CAP before being promoted to
an NCO grade based on prior military grade; and reinstates the advanced officer grade promotions for
military NCOs; authorizes advanced NCO promotions based on military promotions; authorizes former
member grade reinstatements for those members rejoining with a two years or less break in service based
on the grandfathered duty performance promotion requirements until 11 August 2018; and aligns Flight
Officer Promotion requirements with officer duty performance requirements

Of note:

Lt Col now becomes permanent automatically if no action is taken within 30 days of the 1-year temporary ending.

Finally a reasonable definition of "exemplary performance":
Page 10
"Exemplary is defined as performance that is worthy of imitation. Commanders may include remarks
concerning the member's duty assignments/performance, unit participation, willingness to accept
additional responsibilities, etc. as examples of exemplary performance."

Not everyone eligible for promotion can or should try and move to a higher echelon just to prove they should be
promoted, especially if they are currently successful where they are, besides, in many cases the PD required
should already have pushed someone to larger scope, however "worthy of imitation" is a relatively simple barometer
that can be applied even by less experienced commanders.

"That Others May Zoom"

Jester

E-4s are also now eligible for appointment to CAP  SSgt after completion of Level I.

RogueLeader

No more organic SFO.  With the increased TIG for FO and TFO, it is an impossibility to start as a FO and end up as a SFO. It is possible if they are former cadets, but not otherwise.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 22, 2016, 08:45:32 PM
No more organic SFO.  With the increased TIG for FO and TFO, it is an impossibility to start as a FO and end up as a SFO. It is possible if they are former cadets, but not otherwise.

Interesting - so as rare as they are today, they will become nearly extinct in the wild. Level III in under 3 years as a college-age member
is no small feat.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

So here's a question, what happens to those promotions initiated prior to this change, but not completed?  Can it be completed under the old revision, or does it need to start anew with this revision?  IE a promotion to Lt Col that has been initiated, but not yet signed off by Region.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 23, 2016, 02:40:43 AM
So here's a question, what happens to those promotions initiated prior to this change, but not completed?  Can it be completed under the old revision, or does it need to start anew with this revision?  IE a promotion to Lt Col that has been initiated, but not yet signed off by Region.

Interesting question, and one that anyone with a concern should try and answer before July.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Quote from: Eclipse on November 22, 2016, 08:56:27 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on November 22, 2016, 08:45:32 PM

Interesting - so as rare as they are today, they will become nearly extinct in the wild. Level III in under 3 years as a college-age member
is no small feat.

LV1 Jan 1987 
LV2 Jan 1988 
Level 3 dated 01 Jan 1991,
graduated 24 May 1991
(married 6JUN91)

It can be done, not as hard as you might think.

V/r
Spam

RogueLeader

History tells us otherwise. Very few have gotten level 3 done in three years, let alone while in college. Can it be done? Sure. Usual?  Not so much.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

More flight officer oppression....   

I found the rarest of the rare insignia in CAP in our supplies.  Someone thought it was a good idea to buy a female SFO set.  I have never seen a female SFO, and they don't even have to wear those anyway.  Waste of squadron money.

THRAWN

Quote from: JC004 on November 23, 2016, 03:17:29 PM
More flight officer oppression....   

I found the rarest of the rare insignia in CAP in our supplies.  Someone thought it was a good idea to buy a female SFO set.  I have never seen a female SFO, and they don't even have to wear those anyway.  Waste of squadron money.

I knew a grand total of 1 SFO in more than 20 years of CAP. Adding that to the one TFo I knew (ME!), that's a total of 2 FOs. What's the point?
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

ProdigalJim

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 23, 2016, 05:00:58 AM
History tells us otherwise. Very few have gotten level 3 done in three years, let alone while in college. Can it be done? Sure. Usual?  Not so much.

Concur. I worked at it pretty diligently, but still only managed closer to four years.

LV1   08 Mar 2011
LV2   12 Sep 2012
LV3   06 May 2015

As for LV4, I'm Senior-rated in ES and Senior-rated in Command. For LV4 I need a Master rating. To get Master in Command you need to complete LV4. To get Master in ES, I need to finish many of the now-obsolete tasks in the nearly 20-year-old checklist. Might be faster to sign up for Admin and work all the way through...  >:D
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

NIN

Quote from: THRAWN on November 23, 2016, 03:19:53 PM
I knew a grand total of 1 SFO in more than 20 years of CAP. Adding that to the one TFo I knew (ME!), that's a total of 2 FOs. What's the point?

We have two one-stripers in my unit at the moment.  Doubtful either will get off their backside and get two before they turn 21 (college, Army National Guard, etc.. Busy folks, but they're staying with it!)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Toad1168

I was a SFO in '94 because of my Spaatz.  But only because I transitioned to the dark side a few months early so my paperwork would clear.  It was funny to see some senior members trying to figure out what I was.   ;D
Toad

JC004

I was a TFO and very active in wing-level and all then.