Civil Air Patrol Homeland Security Support Act

Started by Spike, April 27, 2009, 02:51:34 PM

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Spike on May 08, 2009, 01:01:26 AM
^ I would add that we need to stop acting on opinion and feelings, but on Fact itself.  If every person in the world would stop letting their emotional and opinion driven subconscious mind drive their actions, everything would be positive in the world. 

The universe is not Positive and Negative.  It is only Positive.  Humans create the negativity, and have little faith in themselves. 

I am so tired of politics.  Our society is driven and too dependent on our political faces. 

Anyway, off my philosophical wagon.  Back to the CAP Homeland Security Support Act.....

Anyone heard anything new??

Nice thought, Spike, but nearly impossible.

Everything we see, hear, taste, smell, and touch is instantly filtered through the prism of all of our prior experience and knowledge.  When Obama talks policy, I remember the same policy talked by Jimmy Carter.  I remember it didn't work then, so I conclude that it isn't going to work now.

Where most people get into logical trouble is being unable to use this experience filter in relevant ways.  It is relevant to compare policy now with a failed policy in the past.  It is not relevant to support a policy because the person proposing it looks like your Uncle Ed, and Uncle Ed is really smart.
Another former CAP officer

Earhart1971

Homeland Security Mission? It is guaranteed to be another UNFUNDED Mandate for addition of another "Mission"and I count about 15 or so now for CAP. What CAP ask for more funding? It will never happen in my lifetime.

RiverAux

Unfunded mission?  How is that?  Is the Air Force not paying for SAR missions?  Are we being force to fly CD missions on the corporate dime because the appropriate agency isn't reimbusing us?  If anything CAP is so focused on making sure that we get reimbursed that it hampers our ability to develop relationships with local and state agencies that could lead to lots of funded flying. 

Earhart1971

If it's working, why are there no Form 5 Check pilots within 50 miles of me?

Its not working, and we are running out of pilots.

Nobody in their right mind would want to be a Wing Ops Officer under these conditions.