Main Menu

Challenge coins

Started by SarDragon, April 17, 2013, 06:30:22 AM

flyboy53

Quote from: SarDragon on April 17, 2013, 06:30:22 AM
I've been tasked to come up with a list of companies who make these coins, preferably quality ones. I know some of y'all have had them made. What say ye?

Just curious what the design is like and if you chose a vendor?

Here's another one: www.nwtmint.com/

One thing I like about this company are their unusual challenge coins. There's a whole line of dog tag shaped ones that are actually bottle openers.

SarDragon

Squadron patch on one side, and not sure of the other side. I'm just collecting sources.

Thanks for the NWT link. They did the Diamond Anniversary coins for CAP a while back. Got one of those in my collection.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

flyboy53

Like to see the finished product and how successful you were with the vendor.

Here's a couple more:

NY Wing staff have used this one a number of times: www.allaboutchallengecoins.com/

And Col. Brooks Cima, Texas Wing Commander and my '09 NSC Seminar Advisor, once gave me a really cool Texas Emergency Services Academy coin from these guys:
www.wemakecoins.com/‎

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on May 01, 2013, 01:04:56 AM
Squadron patch on one side, and not sure of the other side. I'm just collecting sources.

Thanks for the NWT link. They did the Diamond Anniversary coins for CAP a while back. Got one of those in my collection.

Two issues - NWT was C&D'ed about 4 years ago (there's threads about it here), so they may be refusing CAP work either on
principle or by actual agreement.

Also, their setup charge is twice what the whole coin run would cost you from Incirlik would cost.
No question they do nice work, though.

"That Others May Zoom"

mmizner

I use milcoins.com. They have done a great job and the price is good.
-Mike

www.nvwgcadets.org