What Happens To Civil Air Patrol IF Debt Ceiling Isn't Passed?

Started by RADIOMAN015, July 30, 2011, 12:16:17 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

I don't really think it's a matter of CAP "selling" ourselves to the Air Force.

By law and statute, we are already available to the Air Force for whatever use SECAF deems within the limitations of said law and statute.

Good examples have been made of interceptor training by CAP aircraft with (mostly) ANG fighter units, but certainly that isn't all there is.

Our check pilots could be usable for Air Force Initial Flight Screening, which they are currently paying a civilian contractor to do.

http://www.baseops.net/militarypilot/usaf_ift.html

My squadron has a retired USMC and current airline pilot on staff.  A former squadron of mine had an active USAir pilot.

Again, I think the issue is awareness - as in making the AF aware they have this cadre of volunteers to assist them.

They were obviously aware of us at one time...I'm not sure exactly what happened.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

lordmonar

Heck....I would be happy with a page in the promotion study guide and paragraph in the BMTS study guide.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: lordmonar on August 06, 2011, 01:06:40 AM
Heck....I would be happy with a page in the promotion study guide and paragraph in the BMTS study guide.

Seconded.  I don't think that's asking much.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

lordmonar

Quote from: davidsinn on August 04, 2011, 09:35:05 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on August 04, 2011, 09:18:56 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on August 04, 2011, 09:09:47 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on August 04, 2011, 08:03:11 PM
Again how do you directly tie into GWOT? 

Interceptor training? Playing tag with armed fighters is dangerous. Penetrating restricted airspace to train the SAM crews? That's very dangerous because unlike the fighters those guys can't see the aircraft so something could go horribly wrong if everyone doesn't follow the procedures.

When was the last CAP unit to provide those services?

Don't read the Volunteer I take it? It's one of NatCap wing's ongoing missions.
Let's not forget the support we are giving the DoD through the FMV programs.  That is 100% in support of OEF, OND operations.

Also in the volunteer....I am on page 10....but they got my name wrong. :(
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP