Main Menu

Goals And Aspirations

Started by yolo, March 27, 2019, 03:36:06 AM

yolo

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering, what are your goals and aspirations for yourself in CAP? Where do you want to be? What is that final goal? I would love to hear what you guys have to say.

etodd

Interesting question.  I don't really have many goals for myself, other than mentoring and helping others. Just finished up a training class of new Mission Scanners, and also a new Airborne Photographer for our Squadron. Organizing a Cadet O-Ride day soon. Will meet with some of our Squadrons new Part 107 pilots this week to start training them how to fly a DJI P4P, since our Wing is starting up its sUAS Program now.

I'm a 2nd LT, and will probably never rise above that level. I'm a MS, MO, AL, FRO, and MP and just enjoy working in the trenches, and helping others.

Only three years in CAP, so who knows what the future may bring...
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Briank

Not sure, still trying to figure that out.  Been in about 3.5 years and have been in 3 different units.  Made 1st Lt, but don't feel like I've really accomplished anything.  Joined to fly, but never managed to get a Form 5 done and currently am indefinitely self-grounded for ear equalization issues.  Tried to get going on the Comm side of things too, but really haven't made any progress.  Everything seems like such an uphill battle and I don't have much spare time for those battles.  I feel like there's *something* I should be doing in CAP, I really like the organization and what it does, but I'm just not getting it figured out.