official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

TexasBEAST

Howdy, all, from Houston, Texas!

Former caydet, '88-'95; and SM, '95-'01 (13 years).

Formerly active on the CadetStuff boards. Missed the Cadet Program, years after I was gone, and had a hard time letting go.

I forgot why I stopped, though. Maybe NIN made a joke at my expense and hurt my feelings one too many times.  >:D

Life and work got in the way and I found other online stuff to occupy my time with.

Last year, I got back into SAR through NASAR and a local K9 group, <Alpha SAR>. Rockin' assembly of folks. Active group of young-ish adults, no politics or bickering, treat each other like family, and we get regular call-outs by the local LEOs. And we get to work/play with dogs! Just about perfect.

I heard about an AFRCC Basic Inland Search Course that was supposed to be held in TX recently, and I signed up for that, which of course got me invited to re-up with CAP. And I was seriously thinking about it, right up until the BISC got cancelled.

Somehow I stumbled into this here CT forum, and it has quite the similar feel and tone of the old CS one. Feels like home.

Some recent threads about orange gear are what it took to get me off my butt and sound off again.

If I could get the time off from work (vacay or not), I would love to attend every single ES NCSA I this summer. Just bang 'em out, one right after the other: LESA, PJOC, HMRS, NESA.

And hey, NIN, I finally got that BOB (Blaze Orange Boonie). Gore-Tex, too!  ;D
--TB

NIN

Quote from: TexasBEAST on March 15, 2015, 09:27:22 PM
I forgot why I stopped, though. Maybe NIN made a joke at my expense and hurt my feelings one too many times.
It worked!
Life and work got in the way and I found other online stuff to occupy my time with.
Oh, maybe not.

>:D

And hey, NIN, I finally got that BOB (Blaze Orange Boonie). Gore-Tex, too!  ;D

Truly disturbing!

Welcome back in any event! You'll be happy to know that your name still gets frequently mentioned when we talk about the "old days" on the CadetStuff Forms.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

TexasBEAST

Quote from: NIN on March 15, 2015, 09:30:29 PM
Welcome back in any event! You'll be happy to know that your name still gets frequently mentioned when we talk about the "old days" on the CadetStuff Forms.
Awesome, 'possum!

Ain't that the darndest thing, though? "Back in the old days" used to seem like, oh, I don't know, when stuff was black and white on TV. Now, the "old days" weren't all that long ago, at all. Or at least they sure don't feel like it.
--TB

dwb

Wow! It's the patron saint of blaze orange! Talk about a blast from the past! :)

I searched my email, and our last conversation was in 2004. You disappeared for 11 years then just showed up out of the blue, huh? Well, welcome back!

(I was formerly known as "skyhawk" on CS, if you didn't figure it out by my initials)

TexasBEAST

Brodsky, right?

Sounds like a reunion.

NIN's buying.
--TB

dwb

NIN

Quote from: dwb on March 15, 2015, 11:08:18 PM
Yessir. Works for me.
Beast is the last one to the party. I say he's on the hook for libations.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Quote from: NIN on March 15, 2015, 11:41:07 PM
Quote from: dwb on March 15, 2015, 11:08:18 PM
Yessir. Works for me.
Beast is the last one to the party. I say he's on the hook for libations.

Works for me, I like Orange drinks!

TexasBEAST

Alright, then.

But if anyone asks if that's just orange juice in your cup, just nod your head up and down...
--TB

TimRoyWVWG

Hey y'all,

C/CMSgt. Timothy Roy checking in. I am a member of Charleston Cadet Squadron located in West Virginia Wing. Finally decided to sign up for this after three years. So yeah, I'm a friendly guy, message me if you want.

Av8tion

Greetings to all the lurkers, contributors, moderators, and trolls (especially).

I'm Maj Conrad Rustek, newly-voluntold commander of the Eastern Connecticut Group.

I've been in CAP around 6 years. Started off as a squadron AE Officer and cadet O-flight pilot, moved over to the command section after a few years. I was a Deputy Commander for Seniors and then a Squadron Commander until about a week and a half ago when I was moved up to take over the group.

In the outside world, I was a flight instructor and an airline pilot, now I'm a dispatcher for the state police. Now that's my paying full-time job to support my non-paying full-time job.

That's it about me, see you all on the boards.

SMSvonderTang

Good Evening all, I am C/MSgt Tang from the Greater Nashua Composite Squadron.
C/CMSgt Tang
Civil Air Patrol, USAF Aux,
Flight Sergeant
Yankee Flight,
NER-NH-016

ranger0305

Hello, I am C/A1C Andrew Blackwelder of the Enid, OK composite squadron.
"IT'S BETTER TO DIE FIGHTING FOR SOMETHING, THAN TO LIVE FOR NOTHING." 

C/MSgt
GTM3
MRO*
FLM*

JAFO78

I'm back again. Rob Goodman here old timer/ newbie. i was in CAP way back in 1983 -87 Senior 1LT, Rejoined Sept 2014. I'm in St Cloud Composite Squadron, Minnesota Wing. I took on Supply Officer. My youngest son joined too as a Senior. Done so much in short amount of time. Great group of folks in our Squadron look forward to many years in CAP again.
JAFO

kleibs

Howdy Everyone!

Long Island, New York here! I've been lurking for a bit.  Figured id start posting.

Was Marine Infantry 94-97. Wanted to start putting my ground pounding skills to use again. :)
Michael Kleiber 2nd LT
Long Island Senior Squadron NY-207
AESO/Information Tech

Simplex

Quote from: ranger0305 on April 05, 2015, 02:33:32 PM
Hello, I am C/A1C Andrew Blackwelder of the Enid, OK composite squadron.

Welcome! I began my CAP membership with the Enid Composite Squadron back in 1961. Left for the service in '62 then re-joined in 1993. Best of luck. As I remember we met upstairs of a drug store on the west side of the square. Long time ago!

Cadet12354

Hello,
I'm a C/Lt Col from somewhere in CAP.  I'm not allowed to say my name, where I'm from, or anything else due to internet safety/security reasons.  This is the first time I've used a forum of this type, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing.  So, if I do something horribly wrong, you'll know the reason!

TheSkyHornet

Hey, all

I just wanted to take a moment and greet the board. I'm fairly new to CAP, officially becoming a Senior Member in April. After these past few months, I've finally completed my Level I and am moving into the Squadron Leadership Officer role with our unit.

I have my opinions as to where things are at and where things can/should go down the road, but I figure I'll keep an eye out and get some different opinions and ideas form the CAP community, my primary purpose for joining CAP Talk.

So, I look forward to what's to come. Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll see y'all around.

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

C/SrA Ravlin

Cadet SrA Ravlin
Cadet Communications NCO
Boise RMR-ID-073
"Semper Vigilans"
www.gocivilairpatrol.com
www.boisecap.org