official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

SarDragon

Please wait until I can get out of CA. I don't want to be around for the earthquake. SF 1989 was enough for me. Thanks.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

tdepp

Quote from: SarDragon on March 05, 2010, 08:38:42 AM
Please wait until I can get out of CA. I don't want to be around for the earthquake. SF 1989 was enough for me. Thanks.  ;)

I don't know.  After the horrible cold and snowy winter we've had here in SoDak, California doesn't look so bad.
Todd D. Epp, LL.M., Capt, CAP
Sioux Falls Composite Squadron Deputy Commander for Seniors
SD Wing Public Affairs Officer
Wing website: http://sdcap.us    Squadron website: http://www.siouxfallscap.com
Author of "This Day in Civil Air Patrol History" @ http://caphistory.blogspot.com

Perez

Hello to everyone from CAPtalk, my name's Joshua Perez. I recently joined CAP (about two months ago.) And have loved my time spent in the program since. I look forwards to participating in discussions here,and wish everyone a good evening(If your timezone is EST.)
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

exFlight Officer

Hello C/AB Perez. Welcome to CAPTalk and to Civil Air Patrol !

TX388_Collier

Greetings from the Lone Star State.

I go by many names, but y'all can call me Lt.  Collier (at least until I decide IF I can AFFORD to make Captain).

I did aspire to join the Military at one point, follow in my grandfather's footsteps and join the 82nd Airborne, but sad to say...I found out that none of the branches will take me due to medical reasons. My grandfather, SSgt JC Collier, was with the 13th Airborne for a while, then transferred to the 82nd, and jumped in Operation Market Garden.

Currently, I'm a 1Lt in the Texas Wing. I joined back in 2003 with the Concord Composite Squadron up in NH, transferred to another Unit in NH in 04 (which I will NEVER go back to again!), then to my current Unit, TX-388, Phoenix Composite Squadron.

I have a Brother serving (02 - Present) in the US Navy (AC2), a Cousin in the Marines (SSgt), and a few other relatives who are also serving in the various branches. Sadly, I lost my 3rd Cousin a Cpl in the US Army back in 2008 to a Suicide Bomber.

I've also been a member of the North Texas Patriot Guard Riders since April 03, and have been on 22+ Missions, one of which was my 3rd Cousin's Funeral.

When I'm not doing stuff with CAP, or PGR...I have my own Computer Repair Business, CollierRepair. I try to keep my prices low and quality high :) I'm a one man company so that I can personally guarantee the work done on any system I get.

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"

Spike

TX388_Collier  Welcome to CAPTALK.  Glad to see another patriot join our ranks here.  Thank you for being part of the PGR.  Your organizations actions are seen and appreciated!!!

TX388_Collier

Thanks. I've been a member of the PGR (as well as Soldiers' Angels) for the past 4 yrs now, and have been on God only knows how many missions now. 6 of them were KIA's unfortunately, and one of them regrettably was my 3rd Cousin. It's quite an honor to do what we do. Certainly ain't easy, but it's a true honor.

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"

Spike

^ Appreciated what a group like yours did back in 2006 when I was at the funeral of a friend.  That group of patriot riders stood between the burial and the hundred or so antiwar protesters.  I can not honestly believe to this day that other American Citizens were shouting that my friend was evil and should burn in hell for being a member of the Armed Forces.  Since then I will never listen to what any Antiwar/ Anti-Military protester has to say even if may be true. 

Platelet

I found this site almost by accident, almost.

I am a former Cadet and Senior member back in my Florida days. I left CAP in 1990 when I moved overseas for school and ended up in the Army.

I am learning that - sadly - many of the trends which we were seeing at that point have come to pass.  I had a chance to visit the Squadron in Anchorage, Alaska and while I was there they planted the seed in me to return to CAP. If you EVER get the chance to visit Alaska Wing - DO IT.  One of the finest collections of people , and pilots (yes, they are people, special people :) ) I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The amazing thing was very few uniforms, much more hair and a real understanding of what CAP was about.

Well I am still trying to figure out where I fit in this "new" CAP.

I also firmly believe the AF hated the CSU because it looked SOOOOOOOOO much better than what they have to wear :)

Now that being said, does anyone here know the NW Louisiana / East Texas Area?

Platelet

tdepp

Platelet:

I hope you rejoin us.  I'm betting the one thing that hasn't changed in CAP is the dedication to helping people and our nation.  No organization is perfect.  With your military training, you have so much to offer both SMs and Cadets.

And thank you for serving our nation.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide.
Todd D. Epp, LL.M., Capt, CAP
Sioux Falls Composite Squadron Deputy Commander for Seniors
SD Wing Public Affairs Officer
Wing website: http://sdcap.us    Squadron website: http://www.siouxfallscap.com
Author of "This Day in Civil Air Patrol History" @ http://caphistory.blogspot.com

Stonewall

Quote from: Platelet on March 11, 2010, 06:43:15 PM
I am a former Cadet and Senior member back in my Florida days. I left CAP in 1990 when I moved overseas for school and ended up in the Army.

Where were you in FL?  Former FL Cadet here from same era.
Serving since 1987.

Platelet

jimmydeanno

Just moved to the NW LA area myself. 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Platelet

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 11, 2010, 10:45:02 PM

Just moved to the NW LA area myself.

Well the sobering news is that CAP has some major bridge building to do here.
LA-DHS folks talk about us like we are a flying club - and sadly a third rate flying club at that.
I do not know how this impression came about BUT we (darn it did I say WE) have our work cut out up here.

Platlet

tsrup

Hello all of CapTalk,

I've been a long time lurker and I guess it's time I've introduced myself.

I'm 1st Lt. Travis Rup of Big Sioux Composite Squadron in Brookings South Dakota.

I started in the program in 2004 as a Cadet and made the transition to the dark side a little over a Year ago to take on the role of Deputy Commander for Cadets.

Paramedic
hang-around.

Old but not bold

Well -- I'm here!  Just joined the forum, but I've been reading it off and on for some months now.  I was a senior member of Moultrie Composite Squadron in south Georgia some 20 years ago -- or so -- but let my membership lapse when I was sent to Korea and never really got back into CAP.  Now I'm considering CAP again, but I haven't flown in almost that same 20 years, so I'm not current -- I was a mission pilot back then, but obviously won't be now, unless I can get current again pretty quickly.  I'm more thinking of going the Observer route, but -- oh well, just more to consider.  Just wanted to join the forum and say HI to all...

Earl

FCCSmattskinner

Hello all! Just wanted to drop in and say Hi and introduce myself. I will be turning in my senior member application (along with FP cards) to my squadron Commander tomorrow. Once I complete level 1, I will pursue my position as Communications Officer. Since I'm already a Ham Radio Operator (for the past 15 years as a General Class), this position will be both challenging and easy to obtain. I look forward to advancing to Spotter/Observer afterwards. In the meantime, I will go with the flow, attend weekly meetings and get involved with CAP as much as possible. I look forward to contributing my time and knowledge within CAP.

Till next time!
Matt (aka KC5NOI for us hams)
Matt Skinner 1Lt. CAP
Communications Officer, IT Officer
Flying Castle Composite Squadron
SWR-OK-008 Tinker AFB, Oklahoma

lordmonar

Welcom to CAP....and to CAPTALk :clap:
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

FCCSmattskinner

Matt Skinner 1Lt. CAP
Communications Officer, IT Officer
Flying Castle Composite Squadron
SWR-OK-008 Tinker AFB, Oklahoma

DogCollar

Yes, welcome!!  I hope that you enjoy your time in CAP!  I know that your skills will be greatly appreciated and needed once you are 0fficial!
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP