CAPF 76 (ROA Card) Application?

Started by gmby, June 28, 2011, 10:22:40 PM

gmby

Just finished BCUT training.  How (to whom) do I apply for a physical Radio Operator Authorization (CAPF 76) card?  Can't find anything on this in the Regs.
Gus M. Bernard, Maj, CAP
SWR-TXWG/IGA
SWR-TX451/JA
SWR-TX451/DC
SWR-TX451/DOA

Eclipse

It should come from your wing DC when the class validation paperwork is sent to him.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Here in INWG the comm officer that teaches the class just needs to send and email to the group commo and they send it off to wing. The F76 is uploaded to eServices and you print it yourself.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

cap235629

It is no longer required as it is tracked in E-services.  Some states just can't cut the paper umbilical.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

gmby

Thanks, folks!  Apparently, since it's no longer required (CAPR 100-1, Sec. 5.4), it's not automatically generated in our wing and my Comm Officer's not sure how to go about it.  I'll let him know to ask for one by email, as several of us would like to have the actual card.
Gus M. Bernard, Maj, CAP
SWR-TXWG/IGA
SWR-TX451/JA
SWR-TX451/DC
SWR-TX451/DOA

cap235629

Quote from: gmby on June 29, 2011, 04:05:59 AM
Thanks, folks!  Apparently, since it's no longer required (CAPR 100-1, Sec. 5.4), it's not automatically generated in our wing and my Comm Officer's not sure how to go about it.  I'll let him know to ask for one by email, as several of us would like to have the actual card.

You have one already, it is called the 101 card
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

EMT-83

CTWG requires a CAPF 2a, signed by the squadron commander, before the DC will approve BCUT.

Why? I don't know.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: EMT-83 on June 29, 2011, 12:42:49 PM
CTWG requires a CAPF 2a, signed by the squadron commander, before the DC will approve BCUT.

Why? I don't know.

cap235629 (is that your ID?) said it below. "Some states just can't cut the paper umbilical."

He said having just transferred across the border to RIWG.

gmby

OK, so the 101 will do it for me (heck, internet access is down all the time around here, but I always carry a recently printed 101).  I'm still curious, though:

CAPR 100-1 para. 5-4 states: "The card may be issued by region and wing communications managers, as needed.  If used, only the current version of the CAPF 76, shown in figure 5-1, may be used."

Does anyone have any insight into when the card might be "needed"?  In other words, when would a printed CAPF 101 (showing the BCUT) not suffice?  Clearly, para. 5-4 anticipates such a situation.
Gus M. Bernard, Maj, CAP
SWR-TXWG/IGA
SWR-TX451/JA
SWR-TX451/DC
SWR-TX451/DOA

Eclipse

Quote from: gmby on June 29, 2011, 03:56:24 PMDoes anyone have any insight into when the card might be "needed"?  In other words, when would a printed CAPF 101 (showing the BCUT) not suffice?  Clearly, para. 5-4 anticipates such a situation.

ROA cards were only very recently added to 101's, before then, with no internet, there was no way to tell if you
were qualified.

Most states are still adjusting procedures - mine only in the last 6 months or so rescinded the expiration of
B-CUTs.

"That Others May Zoom"

RobertSears

I have a CAPF 76 that dates back to the 1960s.

By any chance am I 'grandfathered' in the system and can I bypass ICUT training and existing MRO training to be established as a current MRO?

Tim Medeiros

If your BCUT/ACUT is in OpsQuals, then you can bypass 2 out of 3 parts of ICUT.  I'd say no-go on bypassing MRO training.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

a2capt

ROA card from the 1960s.. is several generations of CAP Communications past. Have you been active all this time? Using comm, staffing bases, missions, nets, passing traffic, etc.?

In the grand scheme of things, less energy will be spent simply doing the ICUT training online and getting the evaluation, and moving forward. Besides, you might learn something about the current communications situation.

The same goes for all of it. The system has changed a few times in just the last 10 years, this is not the same CAP anymore. Start from the beginning, don't look for shortcuts and such, in the end, you'll be better off and be able to seamlessly work within the system with other members who are used to the current ways things work.

Eclipse

MRO has to be renewed every three years, including some advanced tasks and any not substantiated as completed, every three years, regardless.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Quote from: RobertSears on April 22, 2013, 07:34:44 PM

By any chance am I 'grandfathered' in the system and can I bypass ICUT training and existing MRO training to be established as a current MRO?
To get the best answer for your particular case, contact YOUR wing communications staff.

Given that your ROA is ancient, and you didn't indicate whether you've done ANY current training, I would recommend you start over.

SarDragon

About 10 or 12 years ago, CAWG reissued ROA cards. If you were not involved in this reissue, you will have to start over. It's not really difficult, and you will be up-to-date in your training and qualifications.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

No.

On a sidenote, are you a "50 year" member or a new member who was in 50 years ago?

Welcome aboard sir.