ICS 300/400 class schedules?

Started by AL087, January 04, 2012, 02:39:44 AM

AL087

Does anyone have a good schedule of when some wings will be hosting ICS 300 and 400 classes?

Eclipse

Few wings host ics 300/400 in-house, and that's by design, because one of the points of these classes is
inter-agency / inter-discipline exposure.

Your best bet is just to Google the classes you're looking for or contact your local EMA or even Fire Department
(not to mention your wing's ESO).  In nearly all cases the classes should be free, though many will be during the
week.

NESA offers both as part of the ICSS.

"That Others May Zoom"

exFlight Officer

Second what Eclipse mentioned.

GAWG will be having ICS 300 on April 28-29th  &  ICS 400 on June 23-24th.

http://www.gawg.cap.gov/pd_schedule.htm

Spaceman3750

EMT-83

I looked almost two years to get into a weekend 300 course; in another state.

Al Sayre

For those of you near or in Mississippi, here's a link to the HLS calendar which lists all of the ICS classes being given around the state.

http://www.homelandsecurity.ms.gov/calendar.html

Looks like the next ICS 300 is in Nesbit MS (just south of Memphis TN) in May.

ICS 400 in July at the same location.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

rustyjeeper

There are two slots open in MAWG for the 300 course this coming weekend due to a cancellation. I just received an email from wing notifying of the vacancies if anyone is interested.

rustyjeeper

Just to update my previous post there is now ONE opening left for the IS 300 at Westover this weekend in MAWG

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: rustyjeeper on January 06, 2012, 02:08:48 AM
Just to update my previous post there is now ONE opening left for the IS 300 at Westover this weekend in MAWG
Great course with Pete, Jan, & Paul as the instructors.  Pete can surely keep ones attention at the class with plenty of interesting stories 8)  Fantastic food provided by MA MASAR Commandant/Goddard Cadet Squadron Commander.   I think we have some hope in the ES program with the caliber of these personnel.  Of course there also was the great facilities provided by the Westover Composite Squadron, and interestingly with the addition of the new parking lot across the street plenty of parking, even on an "A" weekend reserve training.  Personnel from MA and CT wings attended the training.   Thanks to all. :clap: :clap:

RM

rustyjeeper

RADIOMAN, thanks to you and your entire unit for hosting this training event. And thanks to all those you mentioned who taught as well as the MASAR Commandant, Major M. who once again hit a home run and knocked it out of the park!

ES is not dead in MAWG, despite the difficulties to get training and qualifications accomplished.
I hope someday our Wing manages to schedule encampment for a time other than the same period when NESA occurs. It is a shame that cadets must make a choice between the two events. Hopefully our Wing ES Officer and our Wing DCP get better communication for the future so it does not continue to be a problem. As I understand it this will be the second year where our cadets had to choose, which is a shame!

Spaceman3750

Quote from: rustyjeeper on January 09, 2012, 08:55:09 PM
RADIOMAN, thanks to you and your entire unit for hosting this training event. And thanks to all those you mentioned who taught as well as the MASAR Commandant, Major M who once again hit a home run and knocked it out of the park!

ES is not dead in MAWG, despite the difficulties to get training and qualifications accomplished.
I hope someday our Wing manages to schedule encampment for a time other than the same period when NESA occurs. It is a shame that cadets must make a choice between the two events. Hopefully our Wing ES Officer and our Wing DCP get better communication for the future so it does not continue to be a problem. As I understand it this will be the second year where our cadets had to choose, which is a shame!

You know, I've spoken with the ILWG Summer Encampment commander on this very topic before. It basically comes down to what the military's schedule is like and what CAP's schedule is like - it's a nightmare trying to avoid major CAP events, nearby encampments, AND fit in with the schedule of the host base. NESA and Illinois SE have conflicted ever since I was a cadet (frankly not that long ago) - remember that there's two one-week sessions to NESA. WIWAC I went to the 2006 ILWG SE one week and the next day packed up and headed to Indiana for NESA.

rustyjeeper

Yes but there are multiple place here in MAWG where an encampment could be held.
Currently it is held at Ft Devins. Some years ago it was held at the Mass Military Reservation and I have heard many say that it was better there with more space and better facilities.  I do not know to be honest which is best, nor do I know the reason why it is held where & when it is. I attended at Devins myself many years ago and never did one at the MMR. But that said it would be nice to see the possibility explored of both locations- who knows maybe a rotation could occur so every other year the schedules woul not conflict.

MIKE

I thought the reason for the change to Devens RFTA was because NER was using the MMR for the region encampment.  I went to a cadet programs activity at Devens, and the facilities are nicer IMO... but you likely miss out on the "encampment extras" we had at MMR, if they are even available these days.
Mike Johnston

Eclipse

The fix for this is more people, then we can relieve the same 100 in each wing from doing everything, and deconfliction is not as big a deal.

"That Others May Zoom"

rustyjeeper

Quote from: MIKE on January 09, 2012, 10:36:08 PM
I thought the reason for the change to Devens RFTA was because NER was using the MMR for the region encampment.  I went to a cadet programs activity at Devens, and the facilities are nicer IMO... but you likely miss out on the "encampment extras" we had at MMR, if they are even available these days.
What extras are you referring to? I am familiar with the MMR- I know the base and what it has and does not have. When was the last region encampment held there? So far as I know not for a few years and Region HQ is located there. Does Region put one on? I would get involved if it did and so I am sure would many others if asked.