Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

shorning

I always giggle when I hear NORTHCOM/AFNORTH brief "AFAUX"... :-X

RiverAux

VolunteerNow reprinted that story, but they switched out the AFAUX, but any time they decide to include us we need to count it as a major public affairs win even if they don't get things exactly right.....or we could go all conspiracy theory and say this is an early salvo in the AF's plans to change CAP's name...

wingnut55

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

For you people doing the work out east.

Al Sayre

Quote from: RiverAux on May 04, 2010, 10:30:18 PM
VolunteerNow reprinted that story, but they switched out the AFAUX, but any time they decide to include us we need to count it as a major public affairs win even if they don't get things exactly right.....or we could go all conspiracy theory and say this is an early salvo in the AF's plans to change CAP's name...

I met Gen Dean at the SER Ops Conference a couple of months ago.  He is a big supporter of CAP and wants to expand our roll as much as possible.  CAP gives the USAF an awful lot of bang for the buck.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

SJFedor

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

RiverAux

CAP Marine

Thanks for posting Maj Sayre. I was hoping to hear something about CAPs response in TN. For all those who responded, bravo zulu.

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

Wolfman21

on WMIRS it says that they refused the mass rescue mission....and why did the TNEMA have to scrubb the 216ths support mission we were all wishing to go help were gettin tired of shareing a seat with our butts while bolinggren and TN wing do stuff but the squadron in the middle of them get nothing but crushed hopes for missions it realy hurts sometimes wen u look at the churches and schools doin stuff to help and we dont get to be in anything
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
Ft. Campbell composite squadron
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

mynetdude

Quote from: Wolfman21 on May 07, 2010, 03:59:34 AM
on WMIRS it says that they refused the mass rescue mission....and why did the TNEMA have to scrubb the 216ths support mission we were all wishing to go help were gettin tired of shareing a seat with our butts while bolinggren and TN wing do stuff but the squadron in the middle of them get nothing but crushed hopes for missions it realy hurts sometimes wen u look at the churches and schools doin stuff to help and we dont get to be in anything

This is where I would gladly trade in my hat for a non CAP hat and go help when CAP just can't do anything.

SJFedor

You need to speak with your chain of command, they can answer your questions. From my understanding, TN is mainly just doing airborne assessment/ADIS, and isn't putting many boots on the ground. They had a few sorties go out for sandbagging, but that's about it.

You're an able bodied citizen, all you have to do is look around and you can find ways to help with the relief efforts. You don't have to be wearing your CAP uniform to make a difference.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

RiverAux

Okay, I'm confused.  We have an Air Force article that was picked up by CAP NHQ saying that we did participate in this event while we've got some here saying we turned down the mission.  Whats the deal?

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

Wolfman21

Quote from: Al Sayre on May 07, 2010, 01:17:26 PM
MSWG flew the mission in TN

Ok that was the confusion it was declined by TNWG and flown by MSWG
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

Wolfman21

Quote from: SJFedor on May 07, 2010, 08:06:33 AM

You need to speak with your chain of command, they can answer your questions. From my understanding, TN is mainly just doing airborne assessment/ADIS, and isn't putting many boots on the ground. They had a few sorties go out for sandbagging, but that's about it.

You're an able bodied citizen, all you have to do is look around and you can find ways to help with the relief efforts. You don't have to be wearing your CAP uniform to make a difference.

That's true sir i have been trying to work as a volunteer with the Red cross as soon as it was starting to flood and I'm thinking about going down to Nashville and work with Hands on Nashville in the cleanup efforts as much as i can....it really hurt everyone's heart seeing others out there helping and we couldn't get down there so I'm trying to help as much as i can now
Also sir I see you are with NESA I hope to see you there next month I'm so excited to go to NESA for the first time any tips you can give me would help a lot thanks
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

Wolfman21

Quote from: mynetdude on May 07, 2010, 04:43:32 AM

This is where I would gladly trade in my hat for a non CAP hat and go help when CAP just can't do anything.

Same here thats why i'm going to help in the Hands on Nashville  program the website if anyone wants it is www.hon.org
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

SJFedor

Quote from: Wolfman21 on May 13, 2010, 02:25:56 PM
Quote from: SJFedor on May 07, 2010, 08:06:33 AM

That's true sir i have been trying to work as a volunteer with the Red cross as soon as it was starting to flood and I'm thinking about going down to Nashville and work with Hands on Nashville in the cleanup efforts as much as i can....it really hurt everyone's heart seeing others out there helping and we couldn't get down there so I'm trying to help as much as i can now
Also sir I see you are with NESA I hope to see you there next month I'm so excited to go to NESA for the first time any tips you can give me would help a lot thanks

Without too much of a thread drift, arrive prepared and motivated to learn. It's an intense week but it's also a great time.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver