Issues with slow refreash and timeouts

Started by Eclipse, August 07, 2009, 07:35:07 PM

Eclipse

Anyone else seeing this?

Slow posting, and refreshes, especially on modifying a message?

I'm trying to figure out if this is a Chrome issue or a forum issue.

"That Others May Zoom"

whatevah

Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

jimmydeanno

I'm using chrome and everything works just fine for me...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Spike

Thom

Quote from: Spike on August 07, 2009, 07:43:06 PM
operator issue??

Well, it is Eclipse...     ;D

OK, joking aside, it is also possible it is a Path/Pipe issue.

Without too big of a lecture on the foundations of the Internet, no two people in different locations will reach the CAPTalk server through the same path.  It is entirely possible (and a regular occurrence throughout the Internet) that somewhere in the Path from Eclipse to CAPTalk, there is a link that is having issues.  It might be Flapping, it might be having excessive Errors, it might have a Route glitch, it might have BGP preference issues, all sorts of things.

Each of those possible Link problems would show up as slow, intermittent, or non-existent connectivity for Eclipse, while not affecting any other users outside of Eclipse's site or area or provider, depending on how far up or downstream the Troubled Link is located.  So, while CAPTalk may work fine for everyone else, Eclipse can be having problems.

There's even a site for this:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

It allows you check if the connectivity to a particular site is broken or down (it doesn't check for slow, sorry...) from a site outside of your own.  I love it!  I can quickly find out if a site is completely down, or if there is a Troubled Link between me and them.

Thom Hamilton

Eclipse

Quote from: Thom on August 07, 2009, 09:29:59 PM
Well, it is Eclipse... 

Heh, nice.  What's the AOL keyword for the internet again?

The reason I asked is I was wondering if maybe its some kind of CSS issue with Chrome.  I'm seeing a lot of this here and CS, which are the only places I ever wander into forums.

Firefox has acknowledged cache issues with some CSS, and I've only just started to see this since I switched to Chrome this week.

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

I get that a couple times a day but nothing consistent.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Airrace

Hawk200

I get some slowdowns and timeouts occasionally. Usually doesn't last more than a few minutes to half hour. Then again, my provider isn't know for the greatest service in the country either.

Eclipse

I'm still having the problem today, its the only glitch in an otherwise very successful conversion from FF to Chrome.

I'm fully converted to the cloud - I can basically grab a Macbook, Linux box, or windows machine and
have the exact same level of connectivity and access to my infoverse.

"That Others May Zoom"

brasda91

I'm having problems on replying to a thread.  I can get so far in my reply and then the "reply box" won't scroll down.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Airrace