Need Boots - Got Boots

Started by Cadet Bonnett, June 29, 2005, 04:42:56 PM

Cadet Bonnett

Does anyone know if you are suppose to have the full uniform when promoted to cadet airman I have a special situation. So my sqardon has helped me purchase the uniforms, now i would like to purchase to cvombat boots on my own, but i don't have the money to do so, so could someone please help me, explain to me how i could get combat boots....

If you have an ides on how to raise money to purchase the boots, and or raise money to pay back my squadron for the uniforms could you please PM me or send it to cadetbonnett@yahoo.com.... Thank you guys so much for your help and time.....
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

MIKE

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 29, 2005, 04:42:56 PM
Does anyone know if you are suppose to have the full uniform when promoted to cadet airman [snip]

Yes, CAP regulations require you to have a complete uniform before completing achievement 1 (Curry), however; I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I have personally seen it ignored... Mostly cadets who wear the BDU but lack nametapes due to manufacturing or shipping delays, but also problems with FCU issues being very late or with missing or ill-fitting components.

Here is the reg cite:

Quote from: CAPR 52-162-6. a. Cadets will not wear the CAP uniform unless they fully comply with CAP dress and grooming standards. Full
compliance is required before Achievement 1 is completed.

Emphasis added.

As far as boots go, you can get cheap boots if that is the only option available to you... Good boots cost real money, and you will also need shoes when/if your FCU Service Uniform issue finally arrives.

Here are some Jungle Boots for under 20 bucks which would probably be alright for light duty. 

Mike Johnston

Cadet Bonnett

thank you... but i can't buy things from online. i live at a children's home and things need to be sent to the house not bought onlune...
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 29, 2005, 07:30:30 PM
thank you... but i can't buy things from online. i live at a children's home and things need to be sent to the house not bought onlune...

Is there any way you can get to an army surplus store?  You can find used boots there for really cheap. 
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

Pylon

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on June 29, 2005, 08:10:18 PM

Is there any way you can get to an army surplus store?  You can find used boots there for really cheap. 

Cmdbuddy has a very good suggestion.  Army Surplus Stores, (also known as Army/Navy stores sometimes) carry decent selections of second-hand but still good condition boots.  In addition, check with the Salvation Army.  The Salvo often has things like this at rediculously low prices... and the Salvo is everywhere!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Cadet Bonnett

no the closest one is like an hour away... But i don't have the money to buy them anyway...
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 29, 2005, 08:12:31 PM

no the closest one is like an hour away... But i don't have the money to buy them anyway...

Then the last thing I can tell you to do is ask somebody for financial help.  To do this, first pick out the boots that you want.  Since you're asking for money, keep it cheap.  Second, start with your squadron.  Most squadrons have a bank account created with fundraisers, etc.  Explain your predicament and see if they'll help out.  If that doesn't work, find some way to make $20.  Mow somebody's lawn, babysit a kid, etc.  Heck, maybe if you ask your friends nicely enough, they'll chip in a few bucks.  Be creative!

vandy

I believe that cadets are technically required to own only the Blues uniform, and you should be able to get one of those for free via the uniform program. If they are holding up your promotion just because of not having the BDU's, I don't think that's right either ethically or according to regulations. Have they said that you can't be promoted without the BDUs?

Major_Chuck

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

md132

If you can tell me what size you wear, I can see if I have a pair at my squadron that I can send you. 

Cadet Bonnett

Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Cheergirl on July 01, 2005, 01:50:54 PM
Quote from: Major_Chuck on June 29, 2005, 10:43:32 PM
What size do you wear?

I wear a size eight sir

I'm guessing that's female sizes.  Therefore, you'd probably wear a 6.5 or 7 in boots.

Cadet Bonnett

Ma'am,
Yeahs that is true. For male sizes that is my size...
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Cadet Bonnett

Finally i recieved my boots. They were 56 bucks. i had borrow money from a friend but i still got them... Thanks for the advice guys...
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Basically Regs

What kind did you get?

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: Basically Regs on July 06, 2005, 03:48:08 PM
What kind did you get?

i was going to get jungle boots but the hurt my ankle so i got the combat boots.
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Basically Regs

Did you get the womens or the mens?

Cadet Bonnett

Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Basically Regs

Cool. I wonder how many people actually wear the womens ones.

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: Basically Regs on July 06, 2005, 11:17:56 PM
Cool. I wonder how many people actually wear the womens ones.

to be honest not very many, infact i don't believe that motre than 2 from my squadron do.
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing