Target Tow Pictures Online

Started by Smithsonia, March 24, 2011, 09:00:07 AM

Smithsonia

The TeamCAP.org library has a new collection online now.

Mark Hess has some pictures I have never seen before. The Target Tow and Searchlight
Teams ( in action( during WW 2.

Tow Target Unit No. 22, Hyde Field, Clinton, MD

http://forum.teamcap.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1880

Mark
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

a2capt

Wow.. "Voluntarily enlisted .. " thats pretty cool. :) The stuff people did back then, that the top brass wouldn't even think of asking to be done today- but if I they were to, I'm pretty sure there would be people who would step up to the plate.

Smithsonia

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
a2Capt;
I am relatively certain everybody Voluntarily enlisted in every branch of the Civil Defense Services. By the way and on the same topic... my brother is a Doctor. He got a scholarship for Med School from
a National Source. It wasn't a military source but a Civilian source. Which branch of Government I can't recall.

He was subject to mandatory service as a Doctor incase of a National Emergency. This was in the 70s and early 80s. He was actually called up once. I don't know if this aegis and mandatory call to duty still persists. However, he is a little like me and would probably join up on his own account. He just got back from Haiti where he provided medical care. Regarding that issue... there is not only a crying need for doctors is Haiti still but also food shortages and starvation reported. From the current media reports I found this surprising.

He worked at a children's medical facility. If they gave the patients one meal a day they were grateful to have it. If they gave them 3 meals a day... they saved it and took it home to their families. Tough story but true.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

a2capt

I meant that more as in just the verbiage that we'll likely never see again, and the stepping up to the plate in that volunteering to get shot at..