New TV Show - "Homeland Security U.S.A"

Started by ♠SARKID♠, January 01, 2009, 03:04:33 AM

♠SARKID♠

ABC is advertising their new show "Homeland Security U.S.A".  Its a show documenting various homeland security operators (Customs, USCG, etc).  Looks pretty neat.  Premiers Tuesday, Jan 6

http://abc.go.com/primetime/homelandsecurity/

Timbo

I HATE (HATE, HATE, HATE) reality shows!!!!!

However, if CAP can get in on this that would be cool.  Unfortunately, that would never happen. 

maverik

here's how it'l go "Well during Katrina FEMA did yada yada yada oh and there was some CAP folks and then FEMA did yada yada yada"
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

JAFO78

Could we change our name to FEMA CAP? >:D

running for cover :angel:
JAFO

Pumbaa

Duke Dillio

♠SARKID♠

First episode ran today; I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!  Pretty good stuff.

JAFO78

This goes to show you stupid people do stupid stuff.

Talk about finding drugs, wow.  :o These guys at CBP are on the ball.

What happened with the swiss belly dancer? We watched NCIS at the same time.
JAFO

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Rob Goodman on January 01, 2009, 11:48:07 AM

..Sounds like a tactical call sign. 

"This is FEMA CAP 502, over."

Cecil DP

Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Auxpilot

Quote from: Timbo on January 01, 2009, 05:38:27 AM
I HATE (HATE, HATE, HATE) reality shows!!!!!

However, if CAP can get in on this that would be cool.  Unfortunately, that would never happen. 

CAP will be on it but they will get the name wrong and say that we fly helicopters. They will call us the Civilian Air Patrol or something like that.  >:D

MIKE

Quote from: Rob Goodman on January 07, 2009, 11:02:02 AM
What happened with the swiss belly dancer? We watched NCIS at the same time.

She got sent home the following day.  They couldn't find her a CBP officer who speaks German, or one of the other three official languages?  English was obviously not her strong suit.
Mike Johnston

smj58501

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 07, 2009, 12:06:58 PM
Quote from: Rob Goodman on January 01, 2009, 11:48:07 AM

..Sounds like a tactical call sign. 

"This is FEMA CAP 502, over."

Our airplanes would need to be painted black, with no apparent numbers or letters to identify them
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

Stonewall

Quote from: Auxpilot on January 07, 2009, 01:26:48 PM
CAP will be on it but they will get the name wrong and say that we fly helicopters. They will call us the Civilian Air Patrol or something like that.  >:D

Or like my late aunt used to say...[Massachuesettes Accent]"Hey Kirt, you still in that CPA program"?[/Massachuesettes Accent]

Quote from: MIKE on January 07, 2009, 04:38:06 PM
English was obviously not her strong suit.

Nor was it for the officer.  Nothing like two people trying to have a serious discussion when English is not the first language for either of the parties involved.

Just think if an American was in Switzerland, their CBP officer would have spoken better English than the American trying to get in without a work visa.
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

Quote from: Stonewall on January 07, 2009, 04:47:23 PM
Or like my late aunt used to say...[Massachuesettes Accent]"Hey Kirt, you still in that CPA program"?[/Massachuesettes Accent]

My grandmother does the same thing... Are you making fun of our accent?  :o   Can't even spell Massachusetts.

Quote from: Stonewall on January 07, 2009, 04:47:23 PM
Quote from: MIKE on January 07, 2009, 04:38:06 PM
English was obviously not her strong suit.

Nor was it for the officer.  Nothing like two people trying to have a serious discussion when English is not the first language for either of the parties involved.

Just think if an American was in Switzerland, their CBP officer would have spoken better English than the American trying to get in without a work visa.

Ain't that the truth!
Mike Johnston

Stonewall

Quote from: MIKE on January 07, 2009, 04:59:36 PMMy grandmother does the same thing... Are you making fun of our accent?  :o   Can't even spell Massachusetts.

[darn], I did spell it wrong.  I've always just put "MA".  You know, I was born in Lynn (Essex County).

Your spell check didn't catch my smelling error...  :P
"smelling" is an intended joke
Serving since 1987.

cap235629

Quote from: Stonewall on January 07, 2009, 05:04:33 PM
Quote from: MIKE on January 07, 2009, 04:59:36 PMMy grandmother does the same thing... Are you making fun of our accent?  :o   Can't even spell Massachusetts.

[darn], I did spell it wrong.  I've always just put "MA".  You know, I was born in Lynn (Essex County).

Your spell check didn't catch my smelling error...  :P
"smelling" is an intended joke

Please do not disparage the proper pronunciation of the American Dialect of the English language as spoken by those from Massachusetts as you never know who may be here.

I was sent long ago to Arkansas from Billerica Massachusetts on a mission to educate the heathens....... ;D
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

JAFO78

Another drift, try having Minnesota accent living in FLA. Oops here comes mike to lock this.

I think this show is good. But they spend too much time hopping around from story to story. Wait that how we do things on CAP Talk.

New movie coming out soon... Fast & Furious 4, CAP Talk Drift. >:D
JAFO

cap235629

I was able to catch the last part of the show, kinda reminded me of Airline meets Cops. Liked it though.  Did anyone else notice the military ranks on the epaulets?  They even use Warrant Officer insignia
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Cecil DP

"Lynn, Lynn, the city of sin-you never come out the way you came in"
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85