Main Menu

Christmas Loot

Started by ♠SARKID♠, December 27, 2007, 06:40:03 AM

♠SARKID♠

Okay, I didnt see anyone else make the thread, so I will.  What did everybody get for xmas?

Couple SAR bumber stickers
Shirts of the AFBlues persuasion!
Tickets to SPAMALOT
CAP Search and Rescue addon for Flight SIm X
New graphics card NVIDIA 6800GS Super
Mobile radio for my truck
1 year of netflix
19" flatscreen monitor for my PC

Thats from mom.  I had a mission call-up on X-mas day, so Thursday morning I get my stuff from dad.

Stonewall

Box of 500 of these...

Retro Atari...

Gun safe, not the guns...
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Quote from: shorning on December 27, 2007, 07:13:09 AMNice.  This is mine:

Does the metal in your walker affect your GPS?  Just curious....  >:D
Serving since 1987.

shorning

Quote from: Stonewall on December 27, 2007, 07:14:25 AM
Does the metal in your walker affect your GPS?  Just curious....  >:D

Nope.  Just your cranium... :D

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

This was the big present, there were a few more.  The Rubik's cube has proven to be the most frustrating present I've gotten in a while. :)

MIKE

^ My silver PSP owns your DS.

Eveyone has been having fun with my AH64D Longbow Apache Havoc Heli... but we are having trouble getting it trimmed properly so it tends to auto-rotate and fly in circles with little torque rotor control.
Mike Johnston

♠SARKID♠

Addon-

Just got my stuff from dad:
Mass quantity of Frostop root beer  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Cargo bar for my truck
Assorted gift cards
Paintball equipment
Velvet(?) long sleeve shirt

dwb

Quote from: MIKE on December 27, 2007, 03:14:32 PM^ My silver PSP owns your DS.

Do they have a Zelda game for the PSP?  No?

Sorry, I'm not interested.  ;D

I grew up on the Nintendo game franchises (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.), and that's not going to change.  I guess that explains why I also own a Wii instead of an Xbox or PlayStation.

For handheld game systems, the DS is the cat's whiskers.  I can play original Game Boy games from 1989 on this thing.  Not to mention all the cool DS games, and the multiplayer-over-WiFi stuff.

Still, I'm not such a Nintendo snob that I don't recognize the merits of other gaming platforms.  I'm just saying, for me, the DS was a good buy.  YMMV.

Eclipse

Quote from: MIKE on December 27, 2007, 03:14:32 PM
Eveyone has been having fun with my AH64D Longbow Apache Havoc Heli... but we are having trouble getting it trimmed properly so it tends to auto-rotate and fly in circles with little torque rotor control.

There's a lot of sites on the net with info on these choppers.  One tip is to attach part of a paper clip to the underside in the front to tip the nose down.  It did help mine.

Unfortunately the one I got in the summer sat on the shelf for a while, and when I pulled it out yesterday would not take a charge.   :(

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

We did put one of the foil "weights" on the front underside.
Mike Johnston

DogCollar

I am about to show my age and mentality.  The most "techy" thing I got for Christmas is a new DVD!  I also got a biography of Johnny Cash, LOTS of coffee!  And 3 pounds of assorted Jelly Belly's!Almost caused  me to go into a diabetic coma on Christmas Day...just kidding!

The night before was dedicated to a beautiful and meaningful worship experience, but the best thing of all was having a nice quiet, calm day with my wife, son and my father. 
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

Pace

Quote from: MIKE on December 27, 2007, 03:38:15 PM
We did put one of the foil "weights" on the front underside.
It needs more weight than that.  Every freakin CFI where I work went and bought out the local wal-mart's supply of those things.  After lots of trial and error they figured out that the best solution was to put a safety pin on the underside of the nose:

A paperclip will work too, but a safety pin won't fall off.
Lt Col, CAP

Bluelakes 13

I always wanted a bomber jacket.  Didn't care for paying what they want for them.  But my gal got me a vintage Army Air Corps replica.   Will look great over my corporates.

RogueLeader

I got all six seasons of Hogan's Heroes, both seasons of F Troop, a Star Wars novel, no rent next month, Are you a Redneck board game, Star Wars Legos, and a check for $25
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

mikeylikey

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on December 27, 2007, 06:40:03 AM
What did everybody get for xmas?

A headache, a hangover and some much needed rest.  I did receive tickets for free admission to the Mutters Museum in Philly though.  Interesting place!  http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/PAPHImut.html
What's up monkeys?

floridacyclist

We're still rebuilding from a house fire (now you know why I've been so quiet) so we got:

A new self-installed tile floor (death to carpet!)
40" HDTV
Athlon 4200 2x for the TV
"New" furniture
Simmons Beautyrest mattress
New bunkbeds/futons for the kids
New paint; now we have colors in the house instead of boring old white!
New light fixtures and ceiling fans throughout
Sanyo SCP-7050 cellphone with autonomous GPS and several applications that use it such as Sprint Navigator, Trimble GPS pack (inc Geocache Locator, Allsport GPS platinum and Trimble Outdoors).
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Stonewall

Quote from: DogCollar on December 27, 2007, 04:02:15 PM
I am about to show my age and mentality.  The most "techy" thing I got for Christmas is a new DVD! 

Did you see the high tech video game I got in my list (2nd post)?  I have never owned a video or computer game in my life.  Atari came out when I was very young, in elementary school and my wife, as a joke, bought me one because she thought I was an underprivileged kid.

You'll notice, anything "hands on" I get has something to do with physical activity or being outside.  I try to keep myself actively engaged as much as possible outside of the house and away from the computer or TV.
Serving since 1987.

Hawk200

Season 1 of "The Unit"
Season 3 of "Stargate: Atlantis"

Money to get the other things on the list they couldn't find.

And the friends that we have our holidays with got me the usual family gag gifts. A toothbrush, nail clippers, duck tape. They also got me a very nice Victorinox multitool. All black (which is my preference), and in a good belt pouch. Been meaning to get one, now I don't have to.

A light Christmas for me, but I liked everything . Was more concerned about shopping for everyone else.

DogCollar

Quote from: Stonewall on December 27, 2007, 05:59:40 PM
Quote from: DogCollar on December 27, 2007, 04:02:15 PM
I am about to show my age and mentality.  The most "techy" thing I got for Christmas is a new DVD! 

Did you see the high tech video game I got in my list (2nd post)?  I have never owned a video or computer game in my life.  Atari came out when I was very young, in elementary school and my wife, as a joke, bought me one because she thought I was an underprivileged kid.

You'll notice, anything "hands on" I get has something to do with physical activity or being outside.  I try to keep myself actively engaged as much as possible outside of the house and away from the computer or TV.

As do I!  I did notice the Atari system in the post.  I think it came out when I was in college.  Heck, the only video/computer I game I ever played was computer solitaire!  My son has tried to teach my Madden football and Need for Speed, but he has made me promise to never play video games again!! :(  

My wife won't let me install new programs on the PC...just because of that one time when I erased all the memory...boy, she just doesn't know how to let go >:D!

I'm afraid the most technical thing I have mastered is the car radio.

Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

isuhawkeye

My girl got me a leather helmet for work  >:D

Hawk200

Quote from: DogCollar on December 27, 2007, 06:37:16 PM
I'm afraid the most technical thing I have mastered is the car radio.

Games aren't for everyone, but a lot of things are easier to master than some might think.

Start with the manuals. Help files with most programs are actually somewhat in-depth. Ask others that have what you're looking at.

Since you're on here, you already know how to use a major information resource: the Internet. A few searches on Google or Yahoo will yield a surprising number of results.

Don't ever think that you can't learn new tech. Just don't forget what you already know.

Walkman

Outdoor gear:
CFP-90 pack
Leki Trekking Poles
Gaiters
New hiking boots
Magnesium Firestarter
550 Cord
New Zippo (for camping, I don't smoke)

Got some money left, looking at getting Army Survival Manual (anyone got it/like it?)

Also:
Stargate SG-1 seasons 1,2,3 & 6

BTW - I drove my wife nuts while watching the pilot and eps. 1 of Stargate, pointing out all the incorrect D&C (bad salutes, etc) and uniform issues. I love the Major with SGT stripes on the sleeves of his Blues!

Stonewall

Quote from: Walkman on December 27, 2007, 07:10:37 PM
Got some money left, looking at getting Army Survival Manual (anyone got it/like it?)

I got plenty ARMY, MARINE CORPS, NAVY, AIR FORCE SERE manuals if anyone is interested.  It's the 1999 version.  Grabbed them from the trash a few years ago when they went to the 2003 version.  These are carried in the USAF Survival Vests and are water proof.

PM me your address and I'll send one to you.  I've got 15 to give away.

Serving since 1987.

James Shaw

The best gift of all was having my entire family parents, sister, brother, and all the kids together for the first time in 15 years.

New Pajamas Pants
Sweater
Office Depot Gift Cards
Books A Million Gift Cards
Qutback Steak House Gift Card
Some Cash
New Large Format printer (prints posters 13 x 19) My old one died
Wireless Internet Router
My wife had my Silver Medal of Valor and Certificate with picture custom mounted. Turned out great!!
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Walkman

Oh yeah-
We got our kids a Wii. Can you guess what they've been doing almost non-stop since Tuesday? :D

jimmydeanno

^I'm surprised you can still use your arms to type  ;D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

mikeylikey

Quote from: Walkman on December 27, 2007, 08:32:23 PM
Oh yeah-
We got our kids a Wii. Can you guess what they've been doing almost non-stop since Tuesday? :D

Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's up monkeys?

Walkman

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 27, 2007, 08:32:58 PM
^I'm surprised you can still use your arms to type  ;D

Note, I said THEY'VE been playing, not me. I played a little last night, but with 5 kids, our 5 Wiimotes have been pretty occupied by everyone else.  :D

flyerthom

Thumbnails so clicky if you want to see larger.

And a massage chair  ;D
TC

SarDragon

Quote from: MIKE on December 27, 2007, 03:14:32 PM
I got a similar one of these, too, with the same problem. Thanks for the hints.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mikeylikey

Quote from: flyerthom on December 28, 2007, 02:08:13 AM
Thumbnails so clicky if you want to see larger.

And a massage chair  ;D

Holy Crap!  You got a Plane for X-Mas?!?!?!?!
What's up monkeys?

IceNine

Veto Pro Pac Tool Bag (the Cadilac for electicians)
Shop-Vac with a 5.5Hp motor and detachable blower (said with a manly Tim Taylor Grunt!!!)
Awesome, wool blend socks
Deep Fryer
$100 in $1 Coins
bottle of crappy port wine
Direct to the mug, Starbucks coffee maker
Driven Cologne
Bluetooth headset, bought w/ bestbuy giftcard
and some handtools
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

♠SARKID♠

Another addon:

My brother got me a pocketwatch!  I love it!  Its classy, and a nice conversation starter.

Dang, you must have been good this year!  How'd Santa get it down the chimney?  And more importantly, how did it fit under the tree?!  :D :D :D

SAR-EMT1

Pair of jeans
A few seasons of MASH
some fuel gift cards
some jack daniels flavored coffee
and the engine replaced in my car
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SARMedTech

Quote from: Eclipse on December 27, 2007, 02:49:51 PM

You just gotta love the black tactical nylon brief case. I got one too made by Uncle Mike's, in addition to:

An Uncle Mike's soft sided "foot locker" which has solved all of my IMERT deployment woes since, unlike with SAR gear, I dont general have to carry it much further than the  load master's back door to my billet.

Two 5.11 watch caps. One in black and one in khaki. So shoot me. I have a 5.11 monkey on my back.

A pair of Franklin Uniforce kevlar lined "slash and stab" resistant gloves.

Another pair of khaki BDUs.

3 pair of 5.11s shock mitigation socks. You laugh, but Ive tried to get hot spots with these and cant.

And (drum roll please)....a $50 gift certificate to Brigade Quartermaster and another one from BlackHawk (back off Kirt...these are MINE!).

and oh ya!  a tin of homemade goodies from my grandmother which there isnt enough insulin in the world to counteract.

Seriously...I hope everyone had a peaceful holiday. And if you are in any "sandbox" anywhere in the world, God bless you, thank you and may your next Christmas be celebrated at home in the company of those you love.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

SARMedTech

Quote from: jkalemis on December 27, 2007, 04:16:58 PM
I always wanted a bomber jacket.  Didn't care for paying what they want for them.  But my gal got me a vintage Army Air Corps replica.   Will look great over my corporates.

That is a truly great piece of outerwear. I hope your "gal" was well rewarded. Details of same not-required.  ;)
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Stonewall

Quote from: SARMedTech on December 28, 2007, 12:09:13 PMTwo 5.11 watch caps. One in black and one in khaki. So shoot me. I have a 5.11 monkey on my back.

Seriously, you have those?  I have them too.  Got them from the 5.11 rep in DC and here in FL.  I may have thrown them out.  I got a wild hair and threw out a whole bunch of hats, from Paraclete to Battlelab.  Those companies throw those gimmicks at you left and right.  Cool at first, but when I realized I have 20 hats and only wear two (Aqua East Surf Shop and Navy Special Warfare Group II), I chucked most.

Wish I would have  known, you'd be in hat heaven right now.  I may have a few left.  Will check.
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 01:36:42 PM
Quote from: SARMedTech on December 28, 2007, 12:09:13 PMTwo 5.11 watch caps. One in black and one in khaki. So shoot me. I have a 5.11 monkey on my back.

Seriously, you have those?  I have them too.  Got them from the 5.11 rep in DC and here in FL.  I may have thrown them out.  I got a wild hair and threw out a whole bunch of hats, from Paraclete to Battlelab.  Those companies throw those gimmicks at you left and right.  Cool at first, but when I realized I have 20 hats and only wear two (Aqua East Surf Shop and Navy Special Warfare Group II), I chucked most.

Wish I would have  known, you'd be in hat heaven right now.  I may have a few left.  Will check.

Yep. They have already found homes. One in my duffel and one in my 72 pack. You threw out hats?!?  Blasphemer!
"Corpsman Up!"

Stonewall

Quote from: SARMedTech on December 28, 2007, 01:45:08 PMYep. They have already found homes. One in my duffel and one in my 72 pack. You threw out hats?!?  Blasphemer!

You know, I'd point and laugh I know people who point and laugh at people like you.
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 01:50:09 PM
Quote from: SARMedTech on December 28, 2007, 01:45:08 PMYep. They have already found homes. One in my duffel and one in my 72 pack. You threw out hats?!?  Blasphemer!

You know, I'd point and laugh I know people who point and laugh at people like you.

I'm glad to see that you are still so sharp and spry at your age. God bless Centrum Silver.  Snotty old fart! ;)
"Corpsman Up!"

Stonewall

Yep, just checked.  I truly threw out like $100 worth of junk free hats.  Paraclete, Blackhawk, Battlelab, Safariland, 2 5.11 hats, Winchester, and a few more.  I just couldn't stand having them sitting in a drawer taking up space.

This is the only hat I really wear anymore....  Find a good hat and stick with it.

Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

That's for sure, I found a RedHead baseball hat at Bass Pro shops over the summer and its the only thing I put on my head anymore.

What's a 5.11 hat?

"That Others May Zoom"

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 01:58:01 PM
Find a good hat and stick with it.

Indeed.

Of all the swag hats I've wound up with over the years, the one I actually wear is a battered ball cap from Fawcett's chandlery in Annapolis. It just seemed to break in well.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

SARMedTech

Quote from: Eclipse on December 28, 2007, 03:18:11 PM
That's for sure I found a RedHead baseball hat at Bass Pro shops over the summer and its the only thing I put on my head anymore.

What's a 5.11 hat?

In this case, a fleecewear stocking cap made by 5.11 Tactical.
"Corpsman Up!"

Stonewall

Quote from: Eclipse on December 28, 2007, 03:18:11 PMWhat's a 5.11 hat?

5.11 Tactical is a company that makes "tactical clothing" for EMS, Fire, LE, and all the hooah types out there.  5.11 pants are what made 5.11, 5.11.  Originally made by Royal Robbins, they became their own clothing line.  Now they make everything tactical under the sun.

Check out their site:  http://www.511tactical.com/
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 05:21:54 PM

5.11 Tactical is a company that makes "tactical clothing" for EMS, Fire, LE, and all the hooah types out there.  5.11 pants are what made 5.11, 5.11.  Originally made by Royal Robbins, they became their own clothing line.  Now they make everything tactical under the sun.

OK, so 511 is actually a brand that's become a generic, like Kleenex and Ketchup?

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

Nope, 5.11 is a company/brand.  But you wouldn't look at a set of fatigue pants and call them "5.11s".  You may ask "are those 5.11s", as in the brand, but no, they are not the ketchep, xerox or kleenex of tactical pants.  Especially since they have about 5,000 other products.
Serving since 1987.

flyerthom

Quote from: mikeylikey on December 28, 2007, 03:51:07 AM

Holy Crap!  You got a Plane for X-Mas?!?!?!?!

Found a good deal and made one with She who must be obeyed (She gets to take lessons in it). Don't buy for me I found what I want.

Sarkid - we just put the tree at the airport  :D
TC

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on December 28, 2007, 05:26:14 PM

OK, so 511 is actually a brand that's become a generic, like Kleenex and Ketchup?

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 05:33:24 PM
Nope, 5.11 is a company/brand.  But you wouldn't look at a set of fatigue pants and call them "5.11s".  You may ask "are those 5.11s", as in the brand, but no, they are not the ketchep, xerox or kleenex of tactical pants.  Especially since they have about 5,000 other products.

FYI, Kleenex and Xerox are still registered trademarks of their respective companies, despite the generic usage. Ketchup, according to here, doesn't appear to have ever been a trademark.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SARMedTech

Quote from: SarDragon on December 29, 2007, 09:21:33 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 28, 2007, 05:26:14 PM

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 05:33:24 PM

FYI, Kleenex and Xerox are still registered trademarks of their respective companies, despite the generic usage. Ketchup, according to here, doesn't appear to have ever been a trademark.

Your linky is broken
"Corpsman Up!"