Main Menu

Christmas Loot

Started by ♠SARKID♠, December 27, 2007, 06:40:03 AM

♠SARKID♠

Okay, I didnt see anyone else make the thread, so I will.  What did everybody get for xmas?

Couple SAR bumber stickers
Shirts of the AFBlues persuasion!
Tickets to SPAMALOT
CAP Search and Rescue addon for Flight SIm X
New graphics card NVIDIA 6800GS Super
Mobile radio for my truck
1 year of netflix
19" flatscreen monitor for my PC

Thats from mom.  I had a mission call-up on X-mas day, so Thursday morning I get my stuff from dad.

Stonewall

Box of 500 of these...

Retro Atari...

Gun safe, not the guns...
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Quote from: shorning on December 27, 2007, 07:13:09 AMNice.  This is mine:

Does the metal in your walker affect your GPS?  Just curious....  >:D
Serving since 1987.

shorning

Quote from: Stonewall on December 27, 2007, 07:14:25 AM
Does the metal in your walker affect your GPS?  Just curious....  >:D

Nope.  Just your cranium... :D

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

This was the big present, there were a few more.  The Rubik's cube has proven to be the most frustrating present I've gotten in a while. :)

MIKE

^ My silver PSP owns your DS.

Eveyone has been having fun with my AH64D Longbow Apache Havoc Heli... but we are having trouble getting it trimmed properly so it tends to auto-rotate and fly in circles with little torque rotor control.
Mike Johnston

♠SARKID♠

Addon-

Just got my stuff from dad:
Mass quantity of Frostop root beer  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Cargo bar for my truck
Assorted gift cards
Paintball equipment
Velvet(?) long sleeve shirt

dwb

Quote from: MIKE on December 27, 2007, 03:14:32 PM^ My silver PSP owns your DS.

Do they have a Zelda game for the PSP?  No?

Sorry, I'm not interested.  ;D

I grew up on the Nintendo game franchises (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.), and that's not going to change.  I guess that explains why I also own a Wii instead of an Xbox or PlayStation.

For handheld game systems, the DS is the cat's whiskers.  I can play original Game Boy games from 1989 on this thing.  Not to mention all the cool DS games, and the multiplayer-over-WiFi stuff.

Still, I'm not such a Nintendo snob that I don't recognize the merits of other gaming platforms.  I'm just saying, for me, the DS was a good buy.  YMMV.

Eclipse

Quote from: MIKE on December 27, 2007, 03:14:32 PM
Eveyone has been having fun with my AH64D Longbow Apache Havoc Heli... but we are having trouble getting it trimmed properly so it tends to auto-rotate and fly in circles with little torque rotor control.

There's a lot of sites on the net with info on these choppers.  One tip is to attach part of a paper clip to the underside in the front to tip the nose down.  It did help mine.

Unfortunately the one I got in the summer sat on the shelf for a while, and when I pulled it out yesterday would not take a charge.   :(

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

We did put one of the foil "weights" on the front underside.
Mike Johnston

DogCollar

I am about to show my age and mentality.  The most "techy" thing I got for Christmas is a new DVD!  I also got a biography of Johnny Cash, LOTS of coffee!  And 3 pounds of assorted Jelly Belly's!Almost caused  me to go into a diabetic coma on Christmas Day...just kidding!

The night before was dedicated to a beautiful and meaningful worship experience, but the best thing of all was having a nice quiet, calm day with my wife, son and my father. 
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

Pace

Quote from: MIKE on December 27, 2007, 03:38:15 PM
We did put one of the foil "weights" on the front underside.
It needs more weight than that.  Every freakin CFI where I work went and bought out the local wal-mart's supply of those things.  After lots of trial and error they figured out that the best solution was to put a safety pin on the underside of the nose:

A paperclip will work too, but a safety pin won't fall off.
Lt Col, CAP

Bluelakes 13

I always wanted a bomber jacket.  Didn't care for paying what they want for them.  But my gal got me a vintage Army Air Corps replica.   Will look great over my corporates.

RogueLeader

I got all six seasons of Hogan's Heroes, both seasons of F Troop, a Star Wars novel, no rent next month, Are you a Redneck board game, Star Wars Legos, and a check for $25
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

mikeylikey

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on December 27, 2007, 06:40:03 AM
What did everybody get for xmas?

A headache, a hangover and some much needed rest.  I did receive tickets for free admission to the Mutters Museum in Philly though.  Interesting place!  http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/PAPHImut.html
What's up monkeys?

floridacyclist

We're still rebuilding from a house fire (now you know why I've been so quiet) so we got:

A new self-installed tile floor (death to carpet!)
40" HDTV
Athlon 4200 2x for the TV
"New" furniture
Simmons Beautyrest mattress
New bunkbeds/futons for the kids
New paint; now we have colors in the house instead of boring old white!
New light fixtures and ceiling fans throughout
Sanyo SCP-7050 cellphone with autonomous GPS and several applications that use it such as Sprint Navigator, Trimble GPS pack (inc Geocache Locator, Allsport GPS platinum and Trimble Outdoors).
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Stonewall

Quote from: DogCollar on December 27, 2007, 04:02:15 PM
I am about to show my age and mentality.  The most "techy" thing I got for Christmas is a new DVD! 

Did you see the high tech video game I got in my list (2nd post)?  I have never owned a video or computer game in my life.  Atari came out when I was very young, in elementary school and my wife, as a joke, bought me one because she thought I was an underprivileged kid.

You'll notice, anything "hands on" I get has something to do with physical activity or being outside.  I try to keep myself actively engaged as much as possible outside of the house and away from the computer or TV.
Serving since 1987.

Hawk200

Season 1 of "The Unit"
Season 3 of "Stargate: Atlantis"

Money to get the other things on the list they couldn't find.

And the friends that we have our holidays with got me the usual family gag gifts. A toothbrush, nail clippers, duck tape. They also got me a very nice Victorinox multitool. All black (which is my preference), and in a good belt pouch. Been meaning to get one, now I don't have to.

A light Christmas for me, but I liked everything . Was more concerned about shopping for everyone else.