Main Menu

20 and out: Part Deux

Started by Simplex, December 25, 2018, 02:41:24 AM

Simplex

Greetings and a Very Merry Christmas everyone. Recently I posted a note about my retirement and the condition of my retirement certificate, letter and copy of the form. Someone on this forum, a "Salty & Seasoned Contributor", contacted me and requested additional information and pictures which I provided. Imagine my suprise when a Fed Ex truck dropped off a box from NHQ this morning. Inside was a personal letter of apology from NHQ Personnel, a pristine retirement certificate in a really nice CAP presentation folder, a letter from NHQ/CC, with the correct date and name, etc., and a CAP 75th Anniversary Paper Weight in a presentation box.  Very, very nice! My retirement ID card arrived Dec 17th; my DOR was 1 Nov. I recall someone was retiring 31 Dec and wondered if it would go smoothly, I think it probably will. At least I hope so. Thanks to the Salty & Seasoned Contributor who took an interest in my message. And to all of you in the forum, I'd like to quote ".......Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus." Simplex, out here.

OldGuy

Merry Christmas and a very happy (and retired) New Year!

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

See, the "Airing of Grievances" actually worked!

Cheers
Spam

PHall

Quote from: Spam on December 25, 2018, 07:11:59 AM

Cheers
Spam

Why wouldn't it? >:D

Simplex

Thanks everyone, best of luck to you all!

Shuman 14

Simplex,

Thank you for your many years of Service to our great Nation. please enjoy your retirement.

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.

JJC
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Simplex

Chappie

My effective date was yesterday.   Submitted the paperwork at the end of October.   Haven't heard or received anything from NHQ as of this date.  Maybe too soon.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

MSG Mac

Check E-services. NHQ was just about closed for Christmas and New Years
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

PHall

Quote from: Chappie on January 02, 2019, 03:41:10 AM
My effective date was yesterday.   Submitted the paperwork at the end of October.   Haven't heard or received anything from NHQ as of this date.  Maybe too soon.

Or it's been denied! >:D     We're not going to let you go!

Chappie

Checked e-Services and "log and behold", access was denied since "My Membership has expired".   Evidently, my retirement request has been approved though no official notification has been received.

NIN

Quote from: Chappie on January 07, 2019, 06:34:31 PM
Checked e-Services and "log and behold", access was denied since "My Membership has expired".   Evidently, my retirement request has been approved though no official notification has been received.

Paul, keep me in the loop.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Quote from: Chappie on January 07, 2019, 06:34:31 PM

When was your membership supposed to expire?

Chappie

Sure thing, Nin.  Phil...October of 2019.  I had renewed when I received my renewal notification...then after upping for another year, decided to retire earlier than originally planned. 

PHall

Well then it looks like you're Retired. Of course someone with National Access.... should be able to check your status and see if your package is on the way or not.

NIN

Quote from: PHall on January 08, 2019, 07:06:46 AM
Well then it looks like you're Retired. Of course someone with National Access.... should be able to check your status and see if your package is on the way or not.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Shuman 14

Cool Points for the SWEV:TESB GIF NIN!  ;D
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

West MI-CAP-Ret

Quote from: PHall on December 25, 2018, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: Spam on December 25, 2018, 07:11:59 AM

Cheers
Spam

Why wouldn't it? >:D

Oh, believe me, depending on where your serving "airing differences" can land you in real trouble! (Honestly, the only problem I've ever encountered with airing my differences came from senior members in command positions without management experience, i.e. dealing and leading people as a profession, etc)

What has helped me is by developing friendships within CAP those senior members with more experience than I had, that I could ask questions in a polite and professional manner.
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Color Guard Rifleman

For the CAP retirement benefits, must a senior member be in CAP for at least 20 years like the military?
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image