Am I losing it or did the board change?

Started by davidsinn, November 20, 2009, 03:53:59 AM

davidsinn

The Lobby is now at the top. Any other changes?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

davidsinn

Just noticed that the whole board has been reorganized. And we lost the entire posting toolbar.

WTH? Now the order is back the way it was yesterday as I was typing this. You trying to convince me I'm nuts? ;)
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

whatevah

Sheesh, people get excited so easily. :p   Just updating the forum to the latest and greatest version.  Added a "Unit" field to the personal profile that will show below your name when you post, too.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

davidsinn

Quote from: whatevah on November 20, 2009, 04:06:12 AM
Sheesh, people get excited so easily. :p   Just updating the forum to the latest and greatest version.  Added a "Unit" field to the personal profile that will show below your name when you post, too.

Sweet. Are we going to get the toolbar above the post box back?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

whatevah

no clue what you're talking about.  Mind describing it?
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

SarDragon

"CAP Talk  |  Recent Unread Topics" shows up twice on that page.

As for the tool bar, we could select different text attributes, and smileys. These no longer appear.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

whatevah

oh, I believe you can turn that back on: http://captalk.net/index.php?action=profile;area=theme  it's the option for "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

davidsinn

Quote from: whatevah on November 20, 2009, 04:18:17 AM
oh, I believe you can turn that back on: http://captalk.net/index.php?action=profile;area=theme  it's the option for "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."
That didn't fix it.

Sorry for the PDF but my image host is broke at the moment.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

pixelwonk

Quote from: whatevah on November 20, 2009, 04:11:15 AM
no clue what you're talking about.
so here's a smilie with a pancake on its head:  :angel:

SarDragon

Just reset it. Still no workie!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davidsinn

Quote from: SarDragon on November 20, 2009, 07:27:52 AM

Just reset it. Still no workie!

Still not there for me.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

MIKE

Try changing the board theme... Like to Core.
Mike Johnston

davidsinn

I've looked all through the settings and I can't find the theme.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

MIKE

Profile, Modify Profile, Look and Layout.  It's on the top above the date and time format.
Mike Johnston

davidsinn

That didn't fix it. And it made the board ugly to boot. ;)
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

davidsinn

Just got it back. I had to turn off the wysiwyg editor, save it and then turn it back on.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

davidsinn

Tried going back to the default theme and it was gone. Looks like I'm stuck with the core theme.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SarDragon

Still hosed. Seems to be browser independent.

I tried all the suggestions above, including closing the browser after each change.

Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Screen grab here: http://members.cox.net/dragnd/screen.png

Note the contents of the red rectangle.There's a duplication of text.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Larry Mangum

New unit field in profile is not big enough to enter PCR-PCR-001 all, I can enter is PCR-PCR-00
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

RiverAux

Not seeing any of the icon buttons, quote buttons, etc. when I select to reply to a message.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RiverAux on November 24, 2009, 01:28:30 PM
Not seeing any of the icon buttons, quote buttons, etc. when I select to reply to a message.

This^, and I see this:

CAP Talk  |  Recent Unread Topics
CAP Talk  |  Recent Unread Topics

(double, but second one is a space or two off) when I click "show unread posts since last visit."

Eclipse

I have regular buttons available for responding but none of the formatting buttons in
the normal edit screen.

In the PM area I have full edit buttons and what looks like an updated editor.

"That Others May Zoom"

brasda91

Quote from: MIKE on November 20, 2009, 06:10:00 PM
Profile, Modify Profile, Look and Layout.  It's on the top above the date and time format.

I can get to profile, but the box that contains Look and Layout disappears as soon as I try to get the curser into it.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

RiverAux

Hey guys, are we ever going to get the reply menu back? 

davidsinn

Quote from: RiverAux on November 28, 2009, 02:35:06 PM
Hey guys, are we ever going to get the reply menu back?

Please? The core style really sucks and I'd like to go back to default but I like having the menu.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NC Hokie

I notice that the board is currently "Powered by SMF 2.0 RC2" (per the bottom of the screen).  Since it appears that this Release Candidate is not ready for prime time, is it possible to roll the board back to a previous, stable, version?
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

jimmydeanno

I'm not sure if it matters or not, but, everything seems to be fine using Opera 5 Mini beta on my blackberry.   :)   ;D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Майор Хаткевич

Using firefox 3.5 ( i think), and the "see new posts since last visit" or whatever it was disappeared again!

swamprat86

Pylon

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on November 30, 2009, 04:51:57 PM
Using firefox 3.5 ( i think), and the "see new posts since last visit" or whatever it was disappeared again!

It's not your browser -- there have been ongoing changes to the site template (aka: it's on our end).  Some tweaks are being made as Jerry has been upgrading the site software.  Please be patient and appreciative to Jerry for his hard work in keeping CAPTalk running smoothly, safely, and efficiently all these years.  Thanks for bringing them to our attention; the issues will get fixed.

In the meantime, you can access your list of unread posts since your last visit by bookmarking: http://captalk.net/index.php?action=unread
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Pylon on November 30, 2009, 05:30:19 PM
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on November 30, 2009, 04:51:57 PM

It's not your browser -- there have been ongoing changes to the site template (aka: it's on our end).  Some tweaks are being made as Jerry has been upgrading the site software.  Please be patient and appreciative to Jerry for his hard work in keeping CAPTalk running smoothly, safely, and efficiently all these years.  Thanks for bringing them to our attention; the issues will get fixed.

In the meantime, you can access your list of unread posts since your last visit by bookmarking: http://captalk.net/index.php?action=unread

Woo! Linky works.

As always, very appreciative and understanding of these technical difficulties with upgrades.

SarDragon

Huzzah! Huzzah!

My editor's back!

Thanks to whomever's responsible!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davidsinn

Quote from: SarDragon on December 01, 2009, 04:06:40 AM
Huzzah! Huzzah!

My editor's back!

Thanks to whomever's responsible!

Mine too. I can finally dump the ugly core theme and go back to the board default. Sweet.  :clap:
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn