Main Menu

Der Rote Baron

Started by davidsinn, February 23, 2010, 03:07:54 AM

davidsinn

Here is a little lesson I put together for this week's meeting on the suggestion of my cadet flight commander. Suggestions, critiques, rotten fruit? :o I would also suggest getting a hold of the song Red Baron, Blue Max by Iced Earth. I will play that at the meeting as well but will not share that here. Beware it's heavy metal. >:D This lesson is free to use for CAP purposes. You may modify it but I would like my name to be credited on the final slide and please send me a copy of what you change for my own curiosity. ;) BTW My throat will be killing me after this. My ancestral tongue is murder. I don't think Germans believe in vowels. ;D

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Cecil DP

You forgot to attach the Lesson plan.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

davidsinn

Quote from: Cecil DP on February 23, 2010, 03:34:56 AM
You forgot to attach the Lesson plan.

Yeah I'm getting errors. I'll have to try from work tomorrow.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Spike

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Spike on February 23, 2010, 03:51:22 AM
He makes good pizza

He tried to shoot down Snoopy though.  Not cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxzg_iM-T4E

indygreg

IIRC, there was a song in the early '70s about Snoopy and the Red Baron.

davidsinn

Quote from: indygreg on February 23, 2010, 10:21:07 AM
IIRC, there was a song in the early '70s about Snoopy and the Red Baron.

Yup and it features in my presentation which you will see if I can ever get the thing loaded here.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

JoeTomasone

Major Lord

Der Rote Baron  is a lot easier to say than what the Germans called him: "Der Rote Kampfflieger"  ( "Battle Flier" or something close to that) German makes my tongue hurt....

Major Lord
p.s. Eddie R. would have smoked him like a christmas ham...
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

davidsinn

I can not for the life of me get this puppy attached. It's a 4,116 kb .zip file. The attach window says

QuoteAllowed file types: doc, dot, pdf, zip
                     Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 120000KB, maximum individual size 120000KB

I'm not seeing what the problem is. Help? I'd prefer to get it uploaded to CT directly but if I must I will use a third party host and it will be dropped after a few weeks.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

N Harmon

If you want to email it to me, I can try attaching it...

nharmon@monroe.miwg.cap.gov

NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

N Harmon

PDF file

davidsinn

I'm wondering why it wouldn't accept the .zip file?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

N Harmon

I think there may be something limiting the file size attachments.

davidsinn

Quote from: N Harmon on February 23, 2010, 07:02:01 PM
I think there may be something limiting the file size attachments.

Unless they changed the backend without updating the info it should accept around 120mb at a whack. Unless it's scanning the .zip and rejecting it because .ppt is not an approved attachment type.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Gunner C

Quote from: Major Lord on February 23, 2010, 02:28:58 PM
Der Rote Baron  is a lot easier to say than what the Germans called him: "Der Rote Kampfflieger"  ( "Battle Flier" or something close to that) German makes my tongue hurt....

Major Lord
p.s. Eddie R. would have smoked him like a christmas ham...
Auf Duetsch sacht mann <<Graf>>, nicht <<Baron>>.  8)

Major Lord

Dinge nur sound Übel in deutsch ...

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."